You've Plunged Down The Rabbit Hole When: - Page 6

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
GorchT

#51: Post by GorchT »

Wait there is an end of the rabbit hole, so there is hope?

Mad Scientist

#52: Post by Mad Scientist »

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

May the Force be with you [apprentice] - Yoda
“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day

Advertisement
AZRich

#53: Post by AZRich »

GorchT wrote:Wait there is an end of the rabbit hole, so there is hope?
Hah! I have found it is possible to actually climb back up. No espresso anymore, just a couple hand grinders and my old trusty aeropress. Kinda liberating after 10 different machines to simplify life and still enjoy great coffee in a few minutes.

GorchT

#54: Post by GorchT replying to AZRich »

I guess at some point I will maybe come there :D at the moment it is Decent+ Grinder with speed adjustment :D and maybe home roasting coming at the end of the year.....

Portlandia

#55: Post by Portlandia »

Rabbit hole? That's cute...my journey has been more like the tunnels in Vietnam! And that's just grinders. Anyone ever see the movie Hearts of Darkness? :mrgreen:

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#56: Post by LBIespresso replying to Portlandia »

I was in the Cu Chi tunnels in '96 and I much prefer the coffee rabbit hole!

Seriously though, Vietnam is a great country to visit and the War Remnants Museum is a must to learn about the American War from a different perspective.

Back on topic, I didn't drink coffee back then but I hear Vietnamese coffee is an experience as well.
LMWDP #580

Quirquincho

#57: Post by Quirquincho »

When you're traveling in South America with your portable espresso maker and reach out to a local roaster through social media to ask which bottled water sold in the city might have just the right level of hardness and alkalinity to brew yourself a good cup.

Oh! And, when you keep looking up the boiling point of water at different altitudes to decide what coffee you'll brew or what adjustments you'll do to your recipe.

Advertisement
NicaDon

#58: Post by NicaDon »

I've spent more on coffee gear in four years than the total of my first six cars.
LMWDP #730

aspenextreme03

#59: Post by aspenextreme03 »

Now this makes me laugh and so true of a lot of people with all things.

[quote="CoffeeMac"When you are dedicated to reducing your carbon footprint but still order $200+/kg beans grown in Central America and roasted in the Netherlands shipped to your home in California.[/quote]

rajbangsa

#60: Post by rajbangsa »

When you got an EK but it's not a grinder