"Would you like a cup of coffee?" on Netflix & Tubi

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Espressmyself

#1: Post by Espressmyself »

Here's something for the HB community to binge during the Hollywood lockout. Just watched "Would you like a cup of coffee?" a Korean 12-episode series on Netflix and loved it! Released in 2021, it follows the journey of a young dejected college dropout who stumbles upon a coffee shop and experiences the proverbial God shot (which is the aptly named title of the first episode). This is a very well researched series with each episode interspersing espresso and pourover topics with the ongoing story line. Persevere with the subtitles - it's well worth it!

Mod note: Title expanded

baldheadracing
Team HB

#2: Post by baldheadracing »

Thanks. For those without Netflix, the first season (12 episodes) is free via Tubi.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

I'm enjoying the show, thanks.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

BaristaBoy E61

#4: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

OK, I'm hooked!
Very charming and engaging.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

yakster
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster »

Watching the Waiter episode has me inspired to buy this book and try something different. The New Art of Coffee - a look at the book combining coffee and cocktail mixology
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

TomC
Team HB

#6: Post by TomC »

Watching now. Great cinematography!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Nunas »

What a lovely little series...my wife and I binge-watched it on Tubi yesterday. We were particularly fascinated by the depth and scope of the coffee details. We also liked the life skill lessons imparted to the young barista by the shop owner in each episode. The series has a kind of 50s vibe or Norman Rockwell feel to it, hearkening back to when times were somewhat simpler in many ways.

macal425

#8: Post by macal425 »

Thanks for the recommendation. I watched 6 or 7 episodes last night. Had to force myself to stop watching so that I would have something to look forward to. I am absolutely loving this little gem of a series. The coffee side of it was extremely well researched and technically well acted. The coffee making and life lessons that the kid receives from the owner are great, although I wonder if the owners is getting life lessons from the kid also? I highly recommend this to not only coffee fans but to anyone that likes great cinematography and an easily watchable show with quirky little stories that bring a smile to your face and sometimes a small lump to your throat.

flyingtoaster

#9: Post by flyingtoaster »

I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes after reading this thread. It's nice bland entertainment for winding down before bed. I love the equipment on display: Ditting 804 Lab Sweet, Mazzer Kony, Linea PB.

mathof

#10: Post by mathof »

I would never have known about this charming series without H-B and its clued-in contributors. Thank you Espressmyself.