The worst feeling

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Chrikelnel

#1: Post by Chrikelnel »

I was picking up a new espresso machine and while carrying it cut my hand bad enough to need stitches. The machine is taunting me from the counter and I won't be able to use my hand grinder until it heals.

Marcelnl

#2: Post by Marcelnl »

My sympathy, try get someone to do the cranking :D
LMWDP #483

BaristaBoy E61

#3: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Bloody Hell - Sorry to hear this!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

chanty 77

#4: Post by chanty 77 »

So sorry to hear that. Hope you heal soon. Two bad things, needing stitches and not being able to use your equipment. I have already cut myself on a very sharp edge on my espresso machine. Didn't need stitches, but sure hurt and bled.

chanty 77

#5: Post by chanty 77 »

So sorry to hear that. Hope you heal soon. Two bad things, needing stitches and not being able to use your equipment. I have already cut myself on a very sharp edge on my espresso machine. Didn't need stitches, but sure hurt and bled from what I remember. Always remember that and work gingerly around those areas.

Chrikelnel (original poster)

#6: Post by Chrikelnel (original poster) »

Thanks for the kind words all. Those edges can be deceptively sharp, especially when carrying the machine. There's a difference between reading that a machine weighs 70 pounds and picking up a machine that weighs 70 pounds.

DaveB

#7: Post by DaveB »

I hear you! My old Expobar DB weighs about the same, and is a bear to pick up and move even with portafilter, reservoir, drip tray, and cup tray removed. I'm temped to use a weightlifting belt! :D
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

GreavesManchu

#8: Post by GreavesManchu »

Get some fine grit emery cloth and break the sharp edges. I've not cut myself but I did fine several edges on my Pro 600 that needed attention

TomC
Team HB

#9: Post by TomC »

Chrikelnel wrote:Thanks for the kind words all. Those edges can be deceptively sharp, especially when carrying the machine. There's a difference between reading that a machine weighs 70 pounds and picking up a machine that weighs 70 pounds.

Not entirely the same, but I picked up a 2 group Gaggia commercial lever about 5 years ago, basically for free. I had it on a tall round bar table while deciding if I was going to restore it. What I didn't realize was there was a razor sharp edge of metal sticking down from the frame that scraped a nasty gouge into the wooden table top. The table got ignored for many years until recently when I've finally gotten around to sanding, filling, and repairing and painting the tabletop to hide the gouges. I'm just glad I didn't slice my hand moving the darn thing.

Never did restore it. I sold it to a guy in Santa Cruz.

Before: ( about a month ago)

After: ( tons of prep, sanding, filling, etc, shown as it is currently)

Matte black looks much better, but still required a lot of work to get out the flaws.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/