What is every one drinking on a daily basis

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
amagad

#1: Post by amagad »

I typically make red/black eyes or americanco. My wife loves to have a latte or macchiato and my family will show up randomly for a cappuccino. I seldomly drink straight shots of espresso.

Just curious to know what others drink from their craft

erik82

#2: Post by erik82 »

V60 or Chemex in the morning. In the afternoon and evening straight espresso.

DeGaulle

#3: Post by DeGaulle »

I have a flat white just before I leave the house in the morning. The coffee in our office is no good, so I only have a macchiato with my wife after supper and another double shot to close off the day.
On weekend days the same plus I have another shot or two throughout the morning and occasionally a V60 in the afternoon.
Bert

sluflyer06

#4: Post by sluflyer06 »

Start my day with a cappuccino at 530am, 5oz cup so not much milk (20g in 37out). Then A straight double before I leave, wife drinks lattes and straight shots. Weekends usually a capp again to start and 2-4 shots throughout the day. I'd drink just straight shots but 2 doubles on a empty stomach in the morning makes me very nauseated.

[creative nickname]

#5: Post by [creative nickname] »

My weekday routine is a V60 pour over in the morning, espresso in the afternoon. Weekends it is anything goes.
LMWDP #435

randomorbit

#6: Post by randomorbit »

every morning I make 1 or 2 double shots of espresso for myself and a maple latte for my wife before I run out the door to catch the bus. I get a cup of drip coffee from the cafe where I work because it's 50¢.

In the evening I may have an espresso after work, or after dinner, but neither is a daily occurrence. On occasion I may buy an espresso out, or a redeye or a macchiato. I may occasionally make a macchiato for myself if I have a little milk left over from making a latte.

pyroparrot

#7: Post by pyroparrot »

Daily basis varies, for me. Espresso maybe once a week. A pourover (200g out) at least three days out of the week and at least once on the weekend. I just sit back and taste it as it cools.

gimpy

#8: Post by gimpy »

My "normal" morning routine, now that I am completely retired, is two cups (each is 300 grams of water/18 grams of coffee) using two of the three of the CCD, French Press, or AP. I may (not always) also have a shot of espresso. In addition, I fix two lattes for my wife, also.

Occasionally, I will have a light frapp later in the day (when I want something sweet, usually *$ or another drive thru coffee shop) or another cup in the evening, but not often. When it warms up some later in the year, I will also sometimes drink a cup of cold brew later in the afternoon.

bluesman

#9: Post by bluesman »

gimpy wrote:My "normal" morning routine, now that I am completely retired, is two cups (each is 300 grams of water/18 grams of coffee) using two of the three of the CCD, French Press, or AP. I may (not always) also have a shot of espresso. In addition, I fix two lattes for my wife, also.
Interesting - retirement does change our habits. I retired on Dec 31 and am now making 2 cappuccinos for myself every morning while my wife drinks 2 or 3 cups of her pour-over. I've always had 1 or 2 espressos after dinner, with one turning into an occasional cap (despite the prohibition on milk drinks after noon...) and that continues. I walked over to a great local cafe near my office almost every morning for years to have a cap or two, so my overall consumption hasn't gone up - and my coffee expense has gone down.

With the increased consumption, I now need more beans than my 12 oz bag of Nizza every 2 weeks. I'm halfway through my first bag of Red Bird espresso and loving it, so I'll probably order a 5 lb bag every 3 to 4 weeks and grind some for my wife's use. That means a second grinder too - oh what a web we weave! :D

Headala

#10: Post by Headala »

I make a double shot for myself and a vanilla latte for my wife first thing in the morning, then a to-go mocha for myself for the drive to work. At work 1-2 aeropresses during the day. Not usually anything at night unless I do another shot for myself and/or steamies for the kids.