What do you think of this nanofoamer for latte art? - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Petyot

#11: Post by Petyot »

Bluenoser wrote:I think secret is you only need a few seconds of air.. then incorporate.. 5 seconds will give too much air and often I was bringing in air when I was trying to incorporate. Narrower pitchers are good if you are using only 150ml (g) of milk..
Thanks, I will try the 'less than 5 seconds method"!

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by emradguy »

I bought one in June for my air travel kit. I was able to use it for the first time at the end of the month, and got really good results right away... yeah, not too much air, and get it in early, then spend a half a minute or so texturing and you'll be ready to pour...

LMWDP #748

another bluenose

#13: Post by another bluenose »

I agree, a narrower pitcher would be ideal. I use a 12 oz frothing pitcher, which allows me to use 100 ml of milk, but only just. The Nanofoamer is a terrific device, and while not quite as convenient as a steam wand, it is the next best thing. High praise.

BaristaMcBob

#14: Post by BaristaMcBob »

A French press will accomplish the same thing. Add hot milk and plunge a few times.

Jeff
Team HB

#15: Post by Jeff »

I don't know if this is old news, but when I was looking up the Nanofoamer, their direct-sales site now says
Good News:
NanoFoamers are now shipping with our new super soft button!

DamianWarS

#16: Post by DamianWarS »

Snidel337 wrote:I recently saw this KS project and i wonder what is the opinion of you guys?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/su ... nanofoamer

Looks interesting for a lever machine combo (like a flair espressoforge or a robot)

I tend to think its a little over priced but the design is nice and the induction stove jug sounds nice (i had some issues finding one with a nice tip and induction compatible).

But i'm so new to latte art to even be able to analyze the design, so opinions are more than welcome :)
I know this is a bit old but for those still interested in this product Lance Hedrick shows his workflow using the Flair58 and the nanofoamer and broadly speaking recommends the device. as with all things I'm sure it takes some time to get used to and you can still over/under aerate but it seems like a competent little device. For those who don't know Hedrick has won the world latte art championship a couple of times so knows a thing or two about foaming milk for latte art. Using something like a french press can work too but it's a little tricky to get the texture right and I end up having to spoon off some foam (although the promo video for the nanofoamer exaggerates this quite a bit). The nanofoamer seems to use the same concept of a french press by forcing milk through a mesh to produce foam but they do it in a more delicate way where the french press is more a brute force way of accomplishing milk foam. The cost seems a bit steep but I think it's justified so long as it delivers if milk texturing is a frustration of yours using more manual methods.

Bluenoser

#17: Post by Bluenoser »

BaristaMcBob wrote:A French press will accomplish the same thing. Add hot milk and plunge a few times.
I tried the French press but never had anything close to texture of NanoFoamer. If you can show a French press Rosetta I'll have to eat those words.

Bluenoser

#18: Post by Bluenoser »

Jeff wrote:I don't know if this is old news, but when I was looking up the Nanofoamer, their direct-sales site now says
I'm impressed with the people who did this. They are already iterating the product. Early in my kickstart order I had an issue and emailed them and got an very good email reply from them quite quickly.

happycat

#19: Post by happycat »

Bluenoser wrote:I tried the French press but never had anything close to texture of NanoFoamer. If you can show a French press Rosetta I'll have to eat those words.
A quick google search shows this hit immediately. There are others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEy1cnj0Ea0
LMWDP #603

Bluenoser

#20: Post by Bluenoser »

happycat wrote:A quick google search shows this hit immediately. There are others.
video
Tulips as in this video.. are easier .. the milk can range more in density.. rosettas are tougher as you need somewhat thinner texture and more consistent incorporation , although there are vids on people using french press making rosettas.. but I find the NanoFoamer easier to be consistent than with the French Press..