Water level indicator redux

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
bettysnephew

#1: Post by bettysnephew »

I have a translucent tank for my water supply to the pump and pressure tank that feeds my Bosco. Under many conditions it is difficult to see the level. Prefer to not tint the water to make it visible. Tried to make a sight glass type indicator as was suggested the last time I asked, that I plumbed off of the discharge port with a tee but the pump draws it down and sucks air so sometimes air locks during filling tank. I would like to find a food safe floating object(s) that I can drop into the tank to make it easier to spot a low level. I know, real first world problem, but it does perplex me. Any suggestions?
Suffering from EAS (Espresso Acquisition Syndrome)
LMWDP #586

bettysnephew (original poster)

#2: Post by bettysnephew (original poster) »

Found some food safe floating sous vide balls used to insulate during cooks. These should work and I also have a sous vide unit so they will not go to waste no matter what. Will report back at later date.
LMWDP #586

bettysnephew (original poster)

#3: Post by bettysnephew (original poster) »

The sous vide balls arrived. They are the same translucent white color as the water reservoir. Very difficult to see. Need to find something with more contrast, will keep searching.
LMWDP #586