Coffee / Espresso Video reviews?

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
salcangeloso

#1: Post by salcangeloso »

Thinking about giving these a shot. Any thoughts? What would you be looking for from a review?

It seems like the audience size for reviews wouldn't be huge, but at $20+ per bag (with shipping) they could be helpful to people. The main issue is simply that your mileage may vary - my grinder and espresso machine produce one result, but maybe that's not enough of a sample size to be helpful to anyone? Still thinking it through...

58mm tamper reviews could be interesting as well. Thoughts?
HG One / '85 Cremina / Thor 49mm tamper

Jared

#2: Post by Jared »

I enjoy watching reviews, especially with it being short and sweet. Maybe include the parameters that you found to be the best with each of the coffees you review as well.

Advertisement
FirstBetta

#3: Post by FirstBetta »

Any honest review with commentary is going to be helpful to somebody since there are people in all levels of skill in the wild. Thanks for the thought!

salcangeloso (original poster)

#4: Post by salcangeloso (original poster) »

Upon further thought, I don't think the video reviews work. There isn't really much benefit to seeing the espresso, so why do a video?

I'm going to move my personal espresso notes over to here: https://sites.google.com/view/best-espressos/home and maybe that'll be helpful to people. If anyone else has open notes that would be great to see as well! (I like the Coffee section of HB, but the threads are just too hard to follow.) Have also found this 49mm Tamper site to be helpful and might work on something like that for espresso.
HG One / '85 Cremina / Thor 49mm tamper