[COMPLETED] The twelve espressos that I must try? - Page 9

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Kryptonicspb

#81: Post by Kryptonicspb »

:arrow:
Moka 1 Cup wrote:For home I'm undecided between Crema Dolce and Bonsai Blend. I will probably alternate them.

[/b]

Hey glad to hear you like the Bonsai Blend. I always come back to it. It made me smile to read your experience with it, believe me it gets better. Although I love to try new beans and the crema dolce is one I'm fond of.

Bonsai became my favorite after maybe 5 pounds over a few months. I would rotate other beans in the mix between bonsai orders (which later became my constant and current habit)

It took time to really learn this shot, and the bean's personality over the 10 +/- days I spend on a 1 pound bag.
Now that I know her well, it's consistently fantastic espresso.

For me it's not too old school, or new school. Your description was spot on

Edit: I'm also happy I didn't share anything beyond the name with you so you formed your own opinion

holybean

#82: Post by holybean »

now for a 'low brow' suggestion: toro by colectivo. i'm curious how you and others would find it.

Chert

#83: Post by Chert replying to holybean »

Why is it 'low brow'. How do you like it?
LMWDP #198

holybean

#84: Post by holybean »

just a joke - they still sell good beans by the pound! i love it. right now, i'm making my way through those 2.2 lb 'deals' on amazon: nicoletti, klatch, etc. so far, so good. really like the klatch in an oatmilk latte. but i really think the toro measures up well.

i'd like a recommendation of a blend or s.o. that people experienced as a real game-changer for how they consume espresso, as espresso and/or in milk - where you were like, whoa, that's amazing!

love the thread. cheers.