[COMPLETED] The twelve espressos that I must try? - Page 7

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Moka 1 Cup (original poster)

#61: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

Here is a picture, Full Cycle. I don't think I see any "yellow" beans. But it's good info for the future. Thanks.

Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

Atbat82

#62: Post by Atbat82 »

Just want to say how much I'm enjoying this thread. I've piggy backed on a few of these recommendations and have really liked what I've tried so far! Partners coffee as recommended a couple pages ago was excellent.

I'll add my own recommendation - Linea Espresso (https://lineacaffe.com/product/espresso-blend/). It pulls great a ristretto and is really easy to work with. A little darker than some others recommended here, but it's so sweet and balanced (dare I say smooth).
LMWDP #655

#63: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

September's selection.
guydebord wrote:Im all in for the 3rd wave light roasts, I suggest you these three espresso blends, they are phenomenal:
Parlor Coffee - Prospect https://parlorcoffee.com/collections/al ... 7493746692
The first two cups I had today were indeed excellent. Thank you for suggesting it, I think I will enjoy it. The most expensive coffee so far but I'm curios to see if it may be worth a subscription.

drown

#64: Post by drown »

If the OP is still looking for suggestions, Ceremony's Guatemalan Nueva Esperanza is in season rigth now. I highly recommend it.
Geography is War

hercdeisel

#65: Post by hercdeisel »

Moka 1 Cup wrote:September's selection.

The first two cups I had today were indeed excellent. Thank you for suggesting it, I think I will enjoy it. The most expensive coffee so far but I'm curios to see if it may be worth a subscription.
I've been following along with this thread and really enjoying it. Thanks for documenting your experimentation!

Any thoughts on how this stacks up against Reko? It seems like Reko might've been your favorite so far (it was mine of the coffees in this thread). Was wondering if you thought this was a close second or more distant and in the pack with some others.

Thanks again!

lancealot

#66: Post by lancealot »

I'm with Tom. I thought Linea Espresso was pretty remarkable.

#67: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

Thank you guys. Recommendations are more than welcome. I'm only half way through, furthermore not all the coffees that have been recommended already are available.
hercdeisel wrote:
Any thoughts on how this stacks up against Reko? It seems like Reko might've been your favorite so far (it was mine of the coffees in this thread). Was wondering if you thought this was a close second or more distant and in the pack with some others.
Good question. That is the first thing that came to my mind after the first cup.
I'm not sure if after four months since I tried Reko I can make a comparison between the two and unfortunately Reko is not available anymore, but since you are asking I have to say that this one, Prospect, is the best coffee I have tried so far, and I am not referring to the ones mentioned in this thread only.
But again, I'm not sure this is fair assessment. I think that the way I taste/like/perceive an espresso now has DRAMATICALLY changed since few months ago. In the past if somebody offered me a cup of Prospect (or Reko) I would have not gone further than the second sip :D. To confirm what I'm saying, I can mention that a couple of weeks ago I even purchased a bag of Hologram, the coffee that started all of this, and I really enjoyed it, a lot.

#68: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

October's selection:
mallen4248 wrote:.....Dragonfly Crema Dolce (my favorite) .....
Jake_G wrote:....I highly suggest you try Dragonfly Crema Dolce....
I am half way trough the bag of Dragonfly Crema Dolce. In addition to your recommendations I had already read about this coffee from other forum members that like it a lot, so I was really looking forward to trying it.
And I have not been disappointed. Excellent coffee, really. What it lacks is body (I guess that is the part that the roaster refers to as Northern Italian Style) it delivers is flavor. Complex and very pleasant at the same time. Excellent as a single shot as well.

Thanks.

#69: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

hercdeisel wrote:I've been following along with this thread and really enjoying it. Thanks for documenting your experimentation!

Thanks again!
In addition to my previous comments, I purchased Docent Cofee Cofee at Whole Foods, they are local so I ordered some more selections including Conceit. I find it very close to both of them.

https://docentcoffee.com/products/conceit

I am the last one that can give recommendations, so take it with a grain of salt :lol:.

#70: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

November
dominico wrote:Panama Elida Estate Natural processed, I've had this same coffee roasted from various roasters and I have not yet been disappointed.
Thank you.
I am not sure this is the right one. I found several roasters that were offering Panama Elida, but since I had already purchased from Dragonfly this is what I ordered. Prices were all over the places as well, not sure about the reason.