[COMPLETED] The twelve espressos that I must try? - Page 5

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#41: Post by RockyIII »

Here are two of my current favorites:

Caffè Lusso Gran Miscela Carmo https://www.caffelusso.com/coffee/espresso/

Counter Culture Coffee Nueva Llusta https://counterculturecoffee.com/shop/c ... eva-llusta

Rocky

false1001

#42: Post by false1001 »

Dragonfly Leam Hammer & Lineage Roasting Modern American

If people are looking to get out of their comfort zones I suggest trying single origin beans, even if not for espresso, at least once or twice. Don't go immediately for the beans with tasting notes of tart citrus, but single origins have been much more fun to play with for me ever since I accepted the risk of the occasional warhead shot. You don't have to have a crazy setup like a lot of people claim on here and the rewards are be well worth it.

Advertisement
Moka 1 Cup (original poster)

#43: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) »

Iowa_Boy wrote:........
At the opposite end of the spectrum, I have much less experience. But two I have had which are spectacular. They are Olympia Adisu Kidane or Slate Adisu Kidane. Pourover, brew, or espresso, all have been amazing with these two.
Maybe I'm not searching in the right place but it looks like they are not available anywhere?
Does anybody know a source for these two coffees?

In the mean time I had my last cup of Bedford. Really nice. Not as complex as Reko in my opinion, but really a nice coffee. I think it will go into my "to buy again" list.

Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

SveinHa

#44: Post by SveinHa »

For me, taste changes over time and I also want it to change. Some of my friends may have ONE single coffe prepared in ONE specific way as the ONLY drinkable but that is definetly not for me...

A couple of decades ago, long before I started drinking espresso, I blended various beans and had occasionaly great success but one single bean stood out from the crowd: Monsooned Malabar.

A few weeks ago, I got my local roaster to make a few bags of Malabar and that was well worth it. I'm not an educated barista so I'm not able to give it any fair description but it suits my taste very well.

To "reset" my taste scale, I regularly consume a bag of Lavazza Crema & Aroma. Definitely NOT fresh roast but it is well suited for milk drinks and a coffee I have been using regularly for at least a decade.

Iowa_Boy

#45: Post by Iowa_Boy »

Moka 1 Cup wrote:Maybe I'm not searching in the right place but it looks like they are not available anywhere?

In the mean time I had my last cup of Bedford. Really nice. Not as complex as Reko in my opinion, but really a nice coffee. I think it will go into my "to buy again" list.

<image>
I think both the Olympia and Slate are currently out of season. I am sure they will reappear later in the year.

Denis

#46: Post by Denis »

Moka 1 Cup wrote:Maybe I'm not searching in the right place but it looks like they are not available anywhere?

<image>
Coffee looks badly underextracted.

Moka 1 Cup (original poster)

#47: Post by Moka 1 Cup (original poster) replying to Denis »

You are correct. It looks like that but I think it is because it was after stirring it and, mainly, because of the bad light.
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

Advertisement
vinodism

#48: Post by vinodism »

I recently got Dolce Blend but I feel I am screwing the shots somehow, on my expobar lever - the shots are kind of bitter and on the robot they are sour :(
I need to try it at their cafe to baseline it, how the perfect shot of that blend tastes.

Moxiechef wrote:The Dolce Blend at Espresso Vivace is about as anti-3rd-wave as you can get but it was one of the richest, sweetest and most syrupy shots I've ever had. It is beyond ristretto, maybe it should be call super-duper-demi-ristretto!
http://espressovivace.com/

As for "Fancy Coffee", George Howell seems to hit the nail on the head for me most of the time. Pick one that sounds good to you. https://store.georgehowellcoffee.com/co ... o-coffees/

Moxiechef
Supporter ♡

#49: Post by Moxiechef »

vinodism wrote:I recently got Dolce Blend but I feel I am screwing the shots somehow, on my expobar lever - the shots are kind of bitter and on the robot they are sour :(
I need to try it at their cafe to baseline it, how the perfect shot of that blend tastes.
Crank the heat up. Pull it super duper short.

Chert

#50: Post by Chert »

Stay focussed, Moka 1 Cup. I don' tknow what all these late-comers-to-the-party are trying to do. :lol:

This one is next in your list, I believe.
LMWDP #198