Tim Wendelboe Figgjo "Oslo" cups, any one try these?

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
HBchris

#1: Post by HBchris »

Just checking if any one has tried any of these cups for espresso:

https://www.timwendelboe.no/accessories/figgjo-cups

and your thoughts.

Was thinking about them to try on some of the lighter roasted beans I work with.

Javier

#2: Post by Javier »

I did try the "Tulipan" cup at a roaster/coffee shop in San Sebastián- Donostia (España). It was a very elegant cup, but a little too "big" to my liking. I am more accustomed to normal size demitasse cups.
LMWDP #115

LukeFlynn

#3: Post by LukeFlynn »

Tim Wendelboe explains these huge cups in his espresso periscope. His argument is the wider cup both introduces the espresso to the front of your tongue rather than the back (due to the wide cup requiring less of an angle?) and cools the espresso down quicker. I get what he's saying, but I notice no difference in taste between a demi and a wide latte cup. The cooling down claim makes more sense, but I have a solution to that - just don't heat your demis.

""Tulipan" (Tulip) is designed for coffees with lower acidity....."
""Splitt" is designed for coffees with intense fruity and floral aromas...."

It's an interesting era for coffee, we now have separate cups for different profiles.

I'm sorry, I just find it ridiculously humorous. It might truly change your perception.. but it just sounds weird.

royalewithcheese

#4: Post by royalewithcheese »

LukeFlynn wrote:
It's an interesting era for coffee, we now have separate cups for different profiles.
We have all manner of different glassware for different styles of beer, and various glasses for different wines; why not do the same with our coffee-ware?