Tiamo Ghost Espresso Scale

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
thecoffeefield

#1: Post by thecoffeefield »

Does anyone know of have information about this scale? https://alternativebrewing.com.au/produ ... le-hk5020/

I like the fact that it's wider (no platform needed for using 2 cups and portafilter) and cheaper than the Lunar. The dimensions are not on the website but I contacted them and was told it's 13 x 8 x 1.5 cm.

thecoffeefield (original poster)

#2: Post by thecoffeefield (original poster) »

Bump!

Balthazar_B

#3: Post by Balthazar_B »

Given that these seem to be sold only in Australia and possibly in the UK, I doubt the vast majority of H-Bers will have any familiarity at all with them. Would suggest you scour Australian coffee forums for any substantive experience or feedback on the scales.
- John

LMWDP # 577

tohenk2

#4: Post by tohenk2 »

Other than the info that it is made in colaboration with Acaia I can't find much info on it yet. I can't find anything about connectivity with the Acaia apps for instance. Nothing on the TiAmo site. One short video on Facebook to proof it is waterproof.

It seems impossible at this moment to find any shop outside Australia that carries it. To point out the obvious: the lower price (compared with the Acaia Lunar) will probably evaporate against the shipping/import cost if ordered from Australia. And no local support...

I do like the formfactor and display colour (readablity).

#5: Post by thecoffeefield (original poster) »

Balthazar_B wrote:Given that these seem to be sold only in Australia and possibly in the UK, I doubt the vast majority of H-Bers will have any familiarity at all with them. Would suggest you scour Australian coffee forums for any substantive experience or feedback on the scales.
Make sense. I will do that now.

#6: Post by thecoffeefield (original poster) »

tohenk2 wrote:Other than the info that it is made in colaboration with Acaia I can't find much info on it yet. I can't find anything about connectivity with the Acaia apps for instance. Nothing on the TiAmo site. One short video on Facebook to proof it is waterproof.

It seems impossible at this moment to find any shop outside Australia that carries it. To point out the obvious: the lower price (compared with the Acaia Lunar) will probably evaporate against the shipping/import cost if ordered from Australia. And no local support...

I do like the formfactor and display colour (readablity).
I too like the form factor, display and color combination of the scale.

ira
Team HB

#7: Post by ira »

There is a wide lunar designed to allow splitting a double into 2 cups. It custom fits the drip tray of a new espresso machine and I'm not sure when it might be available for sale. Sorry I don't remember the machine, San Remo maybe.

Ira

#8: Post by thecoffeefield (original poster) replying to ira »

I'm interested to see that. I'm curious, Where did you see it?

ira
Team HB

#9: Post by ira »

It was in their booth at SCAA along with the machine it was designed for.

Ira

Headala

#10: Post by Headala replying to ira »

Gosh I would love to hear more if you come across more details