Specialty Coffee in China [VIDEO]

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#1: Post by baldheadracing »

Yunnan Coffee's New Wave (15 minutes)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

OldNuc

#2: Post by OldNuc »

If all of that comes to pass then it will give the present coffee growing industry a run for their money.

rimblas

#3: Post by rimblas »

Very interesting indeed

Radio.YYZ

#4: Post by Radio.YYZ »

I will have to keep an eye for Yunan coffee when its available locally and i will ask my local roaster too!!!
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine

yakster
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster »

Bodhi Leaf is selling a CHINA YUNNAN MENGLIAN DAYA - GREEN, though I'm not sure it's worth $6.22 a pound for the novelty of Catimor coffee from China.
Daya was awarded 5th place for quality in the 2017 Best of Yunnan competition!
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

happycat

#6: Post by happycat »

Radio.YYZ wrote:I will have to keep an eye for Yunan coffee when its available locally and i will ask my local roaster too!!!
Greenbeanery has it. The prices are crazy though.
LMWDP #603

Radio.YYZ

#7: Post by Radio.YYZ replying to happycat »

Greenbeanery in my experience is not a good roaster. I probably wouldn't try it from them, i used to buy from them for years until i ended up trying one of the new roasters (yirgacheffe) and the difference was day and night with similar roasting level.

I will have to wait for someone else to carry it and try it, i mentioned it one of the roasters and he refused to entertain the thought of china and outright said it will never happen.
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine

baldheadracing (original poster)
Team HB

#8: Post by baldheadracing (original poster) »

happycat wrote:Greenbeanery has it. The prices are crazy though.
$44/lb for single co-op (essentially a micro-lot) typica greens! $68/lb roasted!

Then again, they're selling Kopi Luwak greens for $163/lb...
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

happycat

#9: Post by happycat »

Radio.YYZ wrote:Greenbeanery in my experience is not a good roaster. I probably wouldn't try it from them, i used to buy from them for years until i ended up trying one of the new roasters (yirgacheffe) and the difference was day and night with similar roasting level.

I will have to wait for someone else to carry it and try it, i mentioned it one of the roasters and he refused to entertain the thought of china and outright said it will never happen.
baldheadracing wrote:$44/lb for single co-op (essentially a micro-lot) typica greens! $68/lb roasted!

Then again, they're selling Kopi Luwak greens for $163/lb...
I've recently been sourcing Ethiopian greens from little Ethiopian markets in TO, as well has having freshly roasted coffee served Ethiopian style in jebenas. Some proprietors are bringing greens from home or having family members do so. That's how I got Jimma a week ago. And I'm not sure where the Kaffa I had last Saturday came from.

Maybe you have friends or coworkers who might have Yunan connections. It's worth asking around, maybe in Chinatown as well.
LMWDP #603