Show us your cup collection - Page 4

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
peacecup

#31: Post by peacecup »

No, just one of a mess of creatures that made the trip from Juneau in the same container as the Ponte Vecchio. Ikea here has no espresso machine, but they did have a surprisingly good blues band in the cafe.

Espresso is not the coffee of choice here in Varmland, though our local cafe "T" is one of the best I've been to anywhere. They've developed their own blends with DeMatteo roasters in Goteborg, where espresso is more popular.

Well, looking at the cup photos makes me want to drink more espresso, which I can't because its 9 PM. Maybe I need to keep more beer around...

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

Quadrifoglio

#32: Post by Quadrifoglio »

My favorite "day-to-day" cups.

Some favorite sets.

These are actually sage green and pale yellow.

Some favorite orphans.

Gui Marques

#33: Post by Gui Marques »

Ok, no collection yet, but I've just got my first Illy Collection set.

This is the 2008, "anamorphic", by William Kentridge. Really stunning and very, very nice.

I've been looking into a Illy collection to buy in the past few weeks, and nothing really impressed my so far. I wasnt going to spend an unjustifiable amount of money into a set of porcelain cups (I'd rather buy the regular Illy ones) unless it really caught my eye.

Well, this is it.

Too bad I'm still waiting for my Strega to arrive (9th April... :roll: )

so, nothing to fill them yet.

Gui Marques

bamaster

#34: Post by bamaster »

Gui Marques wrote:Ok, no collection yet, but I've just got my first Illy Collection set.

This is the 2008, "anamorphic", by William Kentridge. Really stunning and very, very nice.

Gui Marques
Wow! Beautiful!

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#35: Post by uscfroadie »

I, too, bought a few of the Kentridge collections. They are just too beautiful not to have, though I only use one of the sets while the others sit in the box; one unopened and the other on display. The only cup I like better is my Fossile.
Merle

UltramaticOrange

#36: Post by UltramaticOrange »

I looked at this mug, left without purchasing and turned around half a block away to come back and buy it. I really wasn't sure if I was going to like the design (the reason why I walked away from it) but I ended up liking the pattern way more than I ever expected. Handle had a good fit for my hand, held just a little more than my french press could brew, never took any stains and cleaned up with little effort.

Was already having a bad day when I broke it in late 2011. Luckily, it was a mass produced Starbucks (they aught to be known for their mugs, not their coffee) item in 2008. Going to buy a fleet of them off of eBay. Tried to replace it with fun looking mug from Etsy which I like, but just isn't the same.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

Marshall

#37: Post by Marshall »

The Offero mug. Not beautiful, but it does for coffee what a Burgundy glass does for wine:

Marshall
Los Angeles

Gui Marques

#38: Post by Gui Marques »

Indeed.

Actually I should say Sebastiao Salgado "In Principia" was also on top of my list (pretty much a tie with Kentridge's). I like B&W photography. Those are hard to get though, and more expensive.

Oh, and Anish Kapoor's as well...I really like contemporary art and Kapoor is one of my favorites.

Jeeez, I hope I don't get a bug for collecting this stuff. Expensive porcelain cups tend to have a very low WAF...

Gui

uscfroadie wrote:I, too, bought a few of the Kentridge collections. They are just too beautiful not to have, though I only use one of the sets while the others sit in the box; one unopened and the other on display. The only cup I like better is my Fossile.

Marshall

#39: Post by Marshall »

Gui Marques wrote:Actually I should say Sebastiao Salgado "In Principia" was also on top of my list (pretty much a tie with Kentridge's). I like B&W photography. Those are hard to get though, and more expensive.
I have them and was waiting for him to do more (which I think Illy had planned). But he stopped at two. Maybe it's because he moved on to animals and icebergs in his photography. (long time fan of his)
Marshall
Los Angeles

Gui Marques

#40: Post by Gui Marques »

Marshall,

He did 3: Brazil (2003), India (2004) and Ethiopia (2005). Lucky you, those are nice.

Gui