Show us your cup collection - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
cannonfodder
Team HB

#11: Post by cannonfodder »

HB wrote:Are these your favorites and if so, why?
Hmm, good question. The Bodum cup I do not use very often. It keeps hot stuff hot so well that it has a bad habit of burning my tongue off. I only use them to check the crema production of a new blend, or for a cool photo. They do keep 2oz's of other liquid nice and cool and will hold one ice cube along with that 2oz shot.

The illy cups, well they are just cool. They fit my hand nicely, retain heat well but also let the espresso quickly cool to a palate pleasing temperature provided you do not start with a lava hot cup. I like to pull my cooling flush into the bottom ½ of the cup to get them ready. I do sometimes find the minimalist dot handle a little hard to grasp and I am just plain afraid of breaking one so they are more a showpiece than a daily user.

The black 6oz AFC cup came from Great Infusions. They are just perfectly shaped for latte art. The nice bowl shape gets the milk flowing in that semicircle motion that draws out the art. They are not too large so the espresso is not drowned out in milk. They also cup well in the palm of your hand.

The Elektra cup, in a word elegant. The porcelain is fine yet sturdy, the graphic elegant but stated. The volume is a little large for espresso, 3oz but they make wonderful macchiato cups, or pull a single and make a traditional proportioned cappuccino, 1/3 espresso, 1/3 milk, 1/3 microfoam.

The tulip shaped cup from Intelli, nice double duty cup. A single shot pulls nicely into the restricted bottom of the cup but it opens up nicely and holds a double just as well.

There are others sitting atop the Elektra, there is a 5oz or two, a couple of Illy style cups, a couple of other 3oz cups, but those in the photo are the ones I find myself reaching for on the cup warmer.
Dave Stephens

ccfore

#12: Post by ccfore »

The Elektra cup, in a word elegant. The porcelain is fine yet sturdy, the graphic elegant but stated..
I have to agree with cannonfodder on that one. Very nice looking cup. I like the ribbon of stripes on the handle, very nice touch. I cannot claim this cup has ever sat on my breakfast table, but I can dream can't I?.

This is closer to the truth I'm afraid...
Todd / LMWDP #109

espressme

#13: Post by espressme »

Hello Folks,
This is a no-name daily favorite from Goodwill. Great with the flat lip instead of round. Easier Crema quaffing!

Shot was a great Yirg and tastes way way better than it looks.:D
Cheers
richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

Jacob

#14: Post by Jacob »

Here is my first post on Home-Barista.
Jacob wrote:I love my 2oz cups

These were not new 35 years ago :twisted:
These are not in daily use!
(Just a little thin, but not to much so)

espressme

#15: Post by espressme »

Welcome Jacob, It is good to have you posting here also! And, what a beautiful cup!
Sincerely
espressme / richard
Jacob wrote:Here is my first post on Home-Barista.

Jacob

#16: Post by Jacob »

He, he, I guess that starting out with "Here is my first post ..." and at the same time swapping back to my old avatar (same as I use on CoffeeGeek) have fooled you? But thanks for the welcome anyway :D

My daily selection looks like this

espressme

#17: Post by espressme »

Yup! :D Nice Coffee Shrine too!
richard
Jacob wrote:He, he, I guess that starting out with "Here is my first post ..." and at the same time swapping back to my old avatar (same as I use on CoffeeGeek) have fooled you? But thanks for the welcome anyway :D

Fullsack

#18: Post by Fullsack replying to espressme »

Yeah, look at that set up, this guy is serious about his coffee!
LMWDP #017
Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. T. Williams

Stuggi (original poster)

#19: Post by Stuggi (original poster) »

I need to update this thread with my two new funky Finnish checkered demitasses, two very nice and also quite funky colored demitasses my loving girlfriend brought home from Italy, and my Finnish cappuccino cups, which are ideal for latte art since they are about equivalent to pouring latte-art in a size 12 shoe. ^^
Sebastian "Stuggi" Storholm
LMWDP #136

Fullsack

#20: Post by Fullsack »

When I go on vacation, I look for unique espresso cups to add to the collection. The cups in the lower left are from Rome, Italy.
LMWDP #017
Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. T. Williams