Show off your barista skills: Latte Art - Page 16

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Chert

#151: Post by Chert »

JR_Germantown wrote:It's interesting, but you won't get latte art by pulling a shot int steamed milk.

Jack

Right. There is just no open thread currently devoted to the cortado. You get inverse latte art? Who knows what capable hands can do?
LMWDP #198

#152: Post by 691175002 »

I spent some time experimenting with layered espresso drinks and discovered they have a surprisingly dramatic (and highly negative) impact on taste. You cannot smell the coffee through the foam, and plain milk foam is also the first thing you taste.

In a similar vein, I find that it is important to mix the crema with milk at the start of a pour. If you are too effective at lifting crema the first sip will be extremely bitter, and that impression carries forward though the rest of the drink. People who prefer weak coffee do not appreciate it.

I've been working on my pours for some time now, progress is slow when you only make one drink at a time. I think I have a bias towards dry milk which is making my rosettas fluffy.

I'm still not as consistent as I'd like but eventually I hope to start mixing the techniques.

Advertisement
Suvartet

#153: Post by Suvartet »

Nice glassware. Is it double walled?

One from a little while ago.

zapa

#154: Post by zapa »

Here are two pours from a few weeks ago when I was feeling artsy.

Lacoffee

#155: Post by Lacoffee »

Cortados.
Andrew

DaveB

#156: Post by DaveB »

I think this one is somewhat passable.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Freddy Camacho

#157: Post by Freddy Camacho »

Was a straight espresso drinker. But after realising latte art was fun...i now drink milk based most of the time.

I started out with this. Alien on a skateboard

Huge fat fish

Not saying this is awesome...but getting there

Advertisement
emradguy
Supporter ♡

#158: Post by emradguy »

Hey guys. State of the art at my house...
LMWDP #748

ALfromtheLAND

#159: Post by ALfromtheLAND »

this has been my cleanest so far. Now I just wish I could pull this off for a guest!

MB

#160: Post by MB »

Man, even my subconscious is already getting into the holidays. My boss has said she would like a Christmas tree latte art, so once I saw the tree, I couldn't resist adding the star on top, lol.

LMWDP #472