SCAA 2006 Attendee rollcall

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB »

Last year's SCAA conference was the first time I met many of the regulars online. It was great to finally put a face and voice behind the text exchanges. I probably walked right by a few regulars on the showroom floor without knowing it simply because I had never seen a picture of them. To avoid a repeat, please post a good picture of yourself and a few words about what you hope to do, what plans you've already made, etc.

Dan Kehn circa 1995

I plan to attend the USBC Judges' Certification Workshop (Wednesday 12-6pm, Thursday 9am-6pm) and hopefully work in a few shifts of sensory judging (Friday, Saturday, maybe Sunday afternoon if there's a need). My volunteer hours are compensated for a full conference badge, but I have no specific plans to attend lectures or the workshops. To be honest, the majority of the reason I go to the conference is to meet online regulars in person, see the showroom floor, and attend the competition.

I'll also be pretty busy with EspressoFest (more later).
Dan Kehn

Abe Carmeli
Team HB

#2: Post by Abe Carmeli »

SCAA 2005 in Seattle was my first show, where I wondered the exhibit floor wide eyed and a tad too giddy. It wasn't just the caffeine that got me a bit incoherent, but the array of so many machines, all ready for a test drive. It was my first behind the wheel experience on some legends like the three group Synesso, the Mirage & the Elektra line of uber cool commercial machines. One memorable experience was the CMembers Reception Cocktail. All those cyber personalities had finally materialized in the flesh. There was a lot of "Oh! so you are Top Banana" going on, and very big smiles around the room. A reunion party of sorts for people who've never met. I hope to see many of you in the show, and for identification purpose, I am submitting my mug shot. I wanted to upload the one the N.Y.P.D. has on file but they told me they release such photos only to the tabloids :wink: .

Abe Carmeli

bobroseman

#3: Post by bobroseman »

Basically, I'll be doing the same thing as Dan and Abe, but not as well. I'm looking forward to hanging out and talking coffee with friends.

Bob (don't let the picture fool you the roaster is "borrowed". Mine is a Hottop) :lol:

ThaRiddla

#4: Post by ThaRiddla »

I'll be there. You'll probably see me at either the Intelligentsia Booth or in the USBC competitions most of all. Stop by and say hi.

lennoncs

#5: Post by lennoncs »

I need to post a Photo me so you know who the freak you need to stay away from is :lol:

But...

Company says....Europe then South America for me...looks like I will be flying in for the week of festivities, then hot-footing to detroit for a couple of days and then head south.

I think I am gonna be tired :(

Sean
"At least I get my frequent flyer miles"

another_jim
Team HB

#6: Post by another_jim »

Here's me, fresh off the flashcard, checking my latest roast.

erics
Supporter ★

#7: Post by erics »

Well, this is my first "coffee" conference and I certainly look forward to meeting many of the posters on various sites. I am also making my first attempt at posting a photo on HB. If this doesn't work, I might have to break down and do the photobucket routine.

Skol,

Eric S.

I realize this sounds nuts but success in posting a picture on HB is like, well, a miracle. Picture is of my great wife of 22 yrs and our great daughter of 15. I am officially retired from a long career in diesel engines, turbines, and boilers but do consulting every now and then in addition to helping out elderly ladies in our neighborhood with life's chores around the house.

JD

#8: Post by JD »

My name is Jim Taylor and this will be my first SCAA Conference and Expressofest. I am really getting excited as the time gets closer. :P I live just south of Charlotte in Rock Hill, SC. I will be attending the Judges workshops and will also do some volunteering on Saturday and Monday. I am looking forward to learning a lot and meeting everyone here.

perpetual_buzz

#9: Post by perpetual_buzz »

Ok, here I am...

This is the most recent digitized pic I have. I really need a digital camera.

chris
Everyone Needs an Addiction.

HAL9000

#10: Post by HAL9000 »

another_jim wrote:Here's me, fresh off the flashcard, checking my latest roast.
Jim, *very* surprised to see a bookshelf with so much free acreage at your place. Still packed away from the move? ;-)

As an aside, some of my old academic texts that went from extremely valuable to almost completely worthless overnight (well, over the course of a semester, at least according to the college bookstores...), and which I kept rather than reselling out of spite, have been fetching very nice prices on ebay and half. Years later. Can't believe the value of some of them today.

Technology has brought efficiency to that market, ahhh.

Paul