Roast Magazine Features Lever Collection

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
doubleOsoul

#1: Post by doubleOsoul »

Roast Magazine reached out to me last week to do an interview for their online Daily Digest - which was a fantastic surprise. They did a great job of wrapping the piece around my quotes and photos. So grateful for the press and lever coverage! It's one step closer to my dream of lever mainstream lol! I tried to pick some really interesting machines to shoot. Sprudge also requested an interview last week with quotes and different photos so I'll post when that is available online as well.

https://dailycoffeenews.com/2021/08/05/ ... sacramento

happycat

#2: Post by happycat »

On a cynical note... consider an alarm system. Lots of media coverage of a collection could attract unwanted visitors.
LMWDP #603

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

I knew you when... :)

Congrats!
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Jofari

#4: Post by Jofari »

Awesome! I'd love to see this collection in person some day.

IamOiman
Team HB

#5: Post by IamOiman »

happycat wrote:On a cynical note... consider an alarm system. Lots of media coverage of a collection could attract unwanted visitors.
I go back and forth on that:

1) this hobby is so incredibly Niche ( 8) ) that if equipment is stolen it would be apparantly obvious if it appears on a resale site, especially if it's local to the area.
2) I am honestly thinking people do not know these machines have a lot of value and may judge it to be not worth it to steal.
3) for the commercial machines you definitely need more than one person to move them (especially 2 groups and bigger). That would require planning beyond what most opportunistic thieves would plan.
4) Probably what I fear most is someone stealing a machine but then just scrapping it for its metals. If there was one thing that would make me more angry than that type of waste I have not found it yet. And it truly takes a lot for me to become angry.

It could of course still happen but the amount of risk that this would occur is likely very very low. I and my family telework often so there is almost always someone at home to deter theft (which I think is a general thing that happened after the start of Covid)
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

doubleOsoul (original poster)

#6: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

happycat wrote:On a cynical note... consider an alarm system. Lots of media coverage of a collection could attract unwanted visitors.
Lol! On a more practical note, what I need to to find a suitable building and make it a destination!

doubleOsoul (original poster)

#7: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

Jofari wrote:Awesome! I'd love to see this collection in person some day.
You would love it. It's definitely an experience.