Reset your palate

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
martinlhoff

#1: Post by martinlhoff »

After a nasty (classic) flu which left me with a long talk of cough, I've had too many "cough drops" candy. My espresso tastes odd and muddy and all over the place. I haven't had covid so I don't think it's the usual related loss of taste.

Ctrl-alt-delete? Pressure cleaning? Halp!

macal425

#2: Post by macal425 »

Time! Whenever I have a bad cold/flu, it's usually my favorite things that taste disgusting. Not much you can do but wait it out.

SandraF

#3: Post by SandraF »

I'd make sure I brushed all the soft tissues in my mouth (you can brush your teeth while you're at it), including a good tongue scraping/brushing. Finish with a warm salt water gargle.

That should at least freshen things up.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Search on palate cleanser for related topics such as this thread from January.
Dan Kehn

TomC
Team HB

#5: Post by TomC »

My cousin has been currently struggling with COVID like symptoms of prolonged reduced taste perception following a flu-like illness (possibly a false-negative COVID swab test). He hasn't been able to smell or taste craft beer hardly at all, ever since, about 2 months now.

His general practitioner ordered him a small kit of scent training essential oils to help him recover some taste/smell perception.

They're easily available on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Smell-Project-Tr ... B08DLZWZX1
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

jpender

#6: Post by jpender »

Time will heal it, hopefully. I have a friend who lost her sense of smell due to covid, despite 4X vaccinations. She's still smell-blind after two months. I sent her this link which, while not therapeutic, she did enjoy.

Probably not a good palate cleanser though.