Preferred Shape and Size of Espresso Cup - Page 5

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Phaelon56

#41: Post by Phaelon56 »

From an aesthetic standpoint I've always had a fondness for the Illy cappuccino and espresso cups. It's something about the overall curve and lines plus the raised area in the center of the saucer that makes it look almost as though it's floating on the saucer.

I bought a set of the cappa cups and saucers from Chris Coffee a few years ago when he ran a special- just the bar cups not the collectible. He now has the Illy shape/style espresso cups in plain white with no Illy logo - perfect. Nice quality and the price is right at $31.50 for a set of six. Not sure if it's the same manufacturer who makes the Illy bar cups but the shape is the same and they are indeed made in Italy.

justcoffee

#42: Post by justcoffee »

I just saw a related post under "Tips and Techniques." Here is the link: //-t7649.html

These seem like some interesting questions. I just saw a stainless steel espresso cup (made in Italy). Well, I am wondering similar things, so might any of you have advice?

zin1953

#43: Post by zin1953 »

I love my Frabosk stainless steel cappuccino cups and espresso cups. Go back to the first page of this thread, to the post I made on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:16 am.
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.