Post your espresso pics - Page 17

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
HotLava (original poster)

#161: Post by HotLava (original poster) »

Caffee Lusso Yirgacheffe

18/37 in 33 seconds at 198. Was bitter burnt tasting. I hit these numbers in my second attempt. First time with this coffee. Will go coarser and faster. Lighter roast.
Joe

EvanG

#162: Post by EvanG »

Pulled on a 1982 La Pavoni Europiccola. Very sweet and smooth.

12.5g in
26g out

-15 sec pre-infusion at 0 bar
-5 seconds at around 4 bar
-then the rest of the pull at 6 bar

TomC
Team HB

#163: Post by TomC »

Not espresso, but I felt like sharing a nice shot of this mornings brew, not really needing to start a separate thread for it.

A very tasty coffee from Andytown Coffee, via Bella Vista Woman's Group in Chiapas Mexico. Very densely sweet dried pineapple, a bit over extracted on this first attempt, so the flavor separation is a bit muddled, but there's tons of structure and texture in the cup.

Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

valoben

#164: Post by valoben »

TomC wrote:Not espresso, but I felt like sharing a nice shot of this mornings brew, not really needing to start a separate thread for it.

A very tasty coffee from Andytown Coffee, via Bella Vista Woman's Group in Chiapas Mexico. Very densely sweet dried pineapple, a bit over extracted on this first attempt, so the flavor separation is a bit muddled, but there's tons of structure and texture in the cup.
What kind of Siphon setup is this ? Looks very nice
LMWDP #669

TomC
Team HB

#165: Post by TomC replying to valoben »

Yama siphon, Akira halogen heater, Fellow EKG kettle for pre-heating the water and Diguo filter.

The Diguo filter is the bee's knees.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#166: Post by Peppersass »

I have the exact same setup, sans the Fellows EKG. I use hot tea water from my espresso machine.

Tom is right about the Diguo. It's the best. I tried the other alternatives and none was really satisfactory -- too much effort to setup or clean, poor fit, failure to release (glass rod), passing undissolved solids (glass rod), etc. My recollection is that when I first tried the Diguo it was a tad large for the upper vessel and was hard to insert/remove. I had a spare upper vessel on hand that the Diguo fit into much better. I guess tolerances on siphon brewer glass parts aren't precise.

The Akira was expensive, but worth it. My one complaint is that the heater can accidentally be switched on when someone who is unaware of the function and purpose of the heater wipes off the counter (i.e., the towel passes under the switch/pot and turns it on.) I don't use the vac pot every day so I leave the Akira unplugged between uses.

keno

#167: Post by keno »

Home roasted half-caf espresso blend:
  • 50% Colombia EA decaf
  • 25% Ethiopia natural
  • 25% Guatemala washed
Pulled 20g in, 45g out. Dark chocolate, almond, and a hint of berry.

Espressoman007

#168: Post by Espressoman007 »

crunchybean wrote:Apologies for the poor image quality, also still learning to roast for espresso and pull espresso on me robot, arrgg. Fruity but way too sour still....image
Has it occurred to you that you don't have a proper grinder?

Cheers!

dak

#169: Post by dak »

This is a fun thread I just discovered!

Vivace Brazilian Yellow Bourbon 20g in 19 out

nameisjoey

#170: Post by nameisjoey »

A couple doubles of Black & White Roasters The Natural. For sure my favorite blend!