Post A Photo Of Your Favorite Tamper.

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
JB90068
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by JB90068 »

Lots of great tampers out there and some are truly works of art in both craftsmanship and aesthetics.

So post a photo of it and include the manufacturer and why you like it enough to buy it.

This tamper is made by Gabor Laczko at Naked Portafliter. The handle is made from glueing pencils together and turning it on a lathe. I thought the idea was very creative and unique. I've been using mine for nearly six months and love it.

Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

BaristaBoy E61

#2: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Mine are Mahlgut. They just have a great look and feel to them. They look sharp !

"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Advertisement
baldheadracing
Team HB

#3: Post by baldheadracing »

Funny, I took a pic of my tampers a few months ago.

Front and centre was the tamper that prompted me taking the picture. Chris Baca used the HKS colours in this Cat&Cloud/Artpresso Dialed v2.0 tamper, and I had to have it. (HKS is a Japanese (car) tuner.) Unfortunately, my hand doesn't fit the tamper ... but HKS colours 8).

Behind that and to your right is my first tamper - a red Reg Barber. It has seen many bases over the years, but currently has Reg's 58.35mm VST flat for use with pump machines.

My daily tamper is Tidaka's 41/58.5 Boardtamper (left-most). The 41mm side is for LM-style single baskets, and the almost two pound weight is perfect for a light lever machine tamp without having to press.

-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

cafeIKE

#4: Post by cafeIKE »

:roll:

retireddude

#5: Post by retireddude »

JB90068 (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by JB90068 (original poster) replying to retireddude »

Beautiful. Who made it?
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

jandrew

#7: Post by jandrew »

Just a little home-made unit for my Flair bpf --- fits perfect, has a c-flat style face, and is easy to maintain level by feel (pressing down with thumbs on the flat sides over the rim of the portafilter).

Advertisement
retireddude

#8: Post by retireddude »

JB90068 wrote:Beautiful. Who made it?
Woodspell Design. It's Burl Rosewood.

https://www.instagram.com/woodspelldesign/

BaristaBoy E61

#9: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

baldheadracing wrote:Funny, I took a pic of my tampers a few months ago.
Nice collection - But do tell about the Titus grinder!
retireddude wrote:Woodspell Design. It's Burl Rosewood.
That is one fine looking tamper.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

bonjing

#10: Post by bonjing »

baldheadracing wrote:Funny, I took a pic of my tampers a few months ago.

Front and centre was the tamper that prompted me taking the picture. Chris Baca used the HKS colours in this Cat&Cloud/Artpresso Dialed v2.0 tamper, and I had to have it. (HKS is a Japanese (car) tuner.) Unfortunately, my hand doesn't fit the tamper ... but HKS colours 8).

Behind that and to your right is my first tamper - a red Reg Barber. It has seen many bases over the years, but currently has Reg's 58.35mm VST flat for use with pump machines.

My daily tamper is Tidaka's 41/58.5 Boardtamper (left-most). The 41mm side is for LM-style single baskets, and the almost two pound weight is perfect for a light lever machine tamp without having to press.

Could we get a close up for the HKS tamper? It looks really nice!