Plastiwrapping espresso machine?

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
trunks235

#1: Post by trunks235 »

Got a Linea mini in white and was wondering if anyone has tried plasti wrapping their machine, similar to what many folks do with their cars. Thought it might be a cool side project!

nguye569

#2: Post by nguye569 »

I don't know where you're from that calls it plastiwrap, but the common term for it is vinyl wrap.

I just used some leftover wrap on my side panels last week to cover up the chrome.

TomC
Team HB

#3: Post by TomC »

It's been done before, some folks have shared their results here. Try searching under "wrap" or "wrapping" , "vinyl" and see what comes up. The long term results aren't known, if heat will cause bubbling or sagging. But a few folks have wrapped their small Cremina levers. I think it's a cool way to change things up a bit and also protect the original paint.

If you do it, please share some pictures!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

jrham12

#4: Post by jrham12 »

Don Task did his Bianca... See his post here: Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

After seeing what he did, I did the top edges of the drip tray on my Synchronika along with both the main grate and the little riser grate. I did it mostly so the stainless steel grates didn't get scratched up from my scale or from placing the shot glass under the group head. It's held up well for a few months so far; no discoloration or anything and the adhesive is holding up fine. (sorry; don't have any pictures handy though...)

Josh

markmark1

#5: Post by markmark1 »

nguye569 wrote:I don't know where you're from that calls it plastiwrap, but the common term for it is vinyl wrap.

I just used some leftover wrap on my side panels last week to cover up the chrome.
Hmmm. It's called plasti-dip. That's the name of the product. Vinyl wrap is like putting on a sticker. Different stuff and process.

nguye569

#6: Post by nguye569 replying to markmark1 »

I know plasti-dip and vinyl wrap are different products and processes. OP said plastiwrap so it could have gone either way on what they meant. I believe most ppl are using vinyl wrap, so I answered it that way.