Oatly Milk!

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
CausticGuy

#1: Post by CausticGuy »

Have any of you milk alternative drinkers tried this stuff yet? I'm finishing my second case now and I love it! I feel like I've been searching for a good (imho) milk alternative for my 6oz latte in the morning for years and I think this is it! The Oatly barista edition steams beautifully, and has a mild oatmeal taste when hot. My personal preferences have always taken issue with how almond milks and others taste once steamed. If you order direct from their website and get 2 cases they ship free.

cimarronEric
Sponsor

#2: Post by cimarronEric »

We've gone all Oatly all the time for alternative milk. It's the best!
Cimarron Coffee Roasters
www.cimarronroasters.com

chipman

#3: Post by chipman »

Unfortunately, Oatly barista milk has been out of stock for a while now.

CausticGuy (original poster)

#4: Post by CausticGuy (original poster) replying to chipman »

It is! Dang it! I'm ready for more and wanted to try the chocolate but that's out too!

chipman

#5: Post by chipman »

I've been drinking the "new Barn" barista almond milk for a couple of months. it tastes good, and mor importantly it steams well also.

DeGaulle

#6: Post by DeGaulle »

I started to alternate between cow milk and the Oatly Barista Edition. I think it is great as an extension to breakfast. To pour latte art takes a bit of a different technique, which I haven't fugured out yet. Designs tend to become more "woolly" with a less clear separation between the crema and the foam.
Bert

foreseeablebananas

#7: Post by foreseeablebananas »

I've been using Oatly a lot because it provides a more neutral flavor that allows the coffee to shine (as opposed to something like almond milk). Isn't quite the same as steaming whole milk, but a whole lot better than steaming Califia.

Unrooted

#8: Post by Unrooted »

First time I've heard of this, I'm not a huge fan of almonds grown in the desert. . . so I'd like to learn more!

CausticGuy (original poster)

#9: Post by CausticGuy (original poster) replying to Unrooted »

I was told barista edition will be back in stock in 2-3 weeks. It's does steam very well, almost too well. I haven't tried the original which is the same product minus some additional oil and emulsifier to make it steam better but I may try it if I'm on the verge of running out. The reason I love it is also because of the neutral taste it has. Most of my milk alternative friends really like it, I did have a friend that loves her soy and almond milks, say that the aftertaste is bad. I don't get that at all and haven't heard it from anyone else yet.

As for new barn almond, imho it's great cold but like other almond milks it doesn't work for me, the taste becomes too strong for my coffee. I use Califa for regular drinking and cold drinks.

Finally, hot chocolates are amazing with this stuff too! Dairy free hot chocolate mixes tend to be watery but this milk with a splash of Mexican vanilla.. awesome.

boost

#10: Post by boost »

Just FYI, if your local coffee shops uses oatly chances are you can buy it there too.
I ran into Oatly rep recently and they said they have huge demand from coffee shops and would try to fulfill that first before expanding into retail.

The finder is quite useful to figure out which shops uses Oatly
https://oatfinder.oatly.com/