Oatly milk supply problems? - Page 5

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
chipman

#41: Post by chipman »

Califia barista oat milk is widely available now. It is for my taste every bit as good as Oatly. Also, the Ripple milk in the barista version is good too. Too bad Oatly, you had your chance, and you blew it.

As for the cost? I bought the 32oz container of the Califia for $3.79 today.

crankles

#42: Post by crankles replying to chipman »

Haven't tried the ripple, but I too noticed an aftertaste in the Califia. @4.99 for 64oz, I'll keep adding the canola to the Oatly as there's a Target just a few blocks from work.

chipman

#43: Post by chipman »

The barista version of their Oatmilk is available in 32oz containers. Is that the one you tried?
https://www.califiafarms.com/products/b ... gJbdvD_BwE

MNate

#44: Post by MNate »

Target has a variety of Silk mills and last week I found they have a Silk oat milk. I can never get the Silk soy to texture very well - the only soy I have consistent trouble with - but their Oat worked quite well. A buck cheaper than the Oatly regular varieties too. Of course I don't know about taste since it's only my wife that drinks it.

doubleOsoul

#45: Post by doubleOsoul »

Almico wrote:Any reason not to just make your own oat milk? All you need is a blender and a nut milk bag.
Exactly. Another option is the Soybella which makes the homemade nut milk/oatmilk job a lot easier because it strains the ground up nuts/oats for you. They run a little over $100 on Tribest (stellar customer service, btw) I've used one for years - highly recommend.

http://www.soyabella.com

keno (original poster)

#46: Post by keno (original poster) »

Pretty soon it'll be a year since I started this thread and Oatly was saying they were addressing their supply problems. But apparently they haven't been successful since it's still difficult to get. Barista Underground has a 7-8 week wait for Oatly orders.

So in my most recent order from BU I decided to try the Califia Barista Oat milk. It actually topped Oatly in this blind taste test. https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/0 ... nds-review

I'll report back after trying it out.

CSME9

#47: Post by CSME9 »

I've tried all 3 Barista Oat milks ranked in order.
Oatley, available at Target $4.99, almost white color, steams easy and creamy texture, carton is easy to hold with angled spout top, little aftertaste. Pacific foods barista oat mail order only, less white more tan color, 24 grams of carbs, bit less creamy than oatly, bigger carton harder to hold and pour, slightly less aftertaste. Califia barista locally avail at sprouts $3.69, more tan color, not as creamy a bit thinner, a bit more aftertaste. Easy carton to hold with angled spout top.

chipman

#48: Post by chipman »

Just a little heads up. I saw(and purchased) oatly milk (barista version) in my grocery yesterday. They apparently have their supply issue figured out.