Nurri customer contact

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
CaptPat

#1: Post by CaptPat »

Primacog wrote:Antonio nurri must have missed getting back to you. Hes wearing a few hats including replying to emails so he may have overlooked replying. If you would send him another email, he should be reminded to get back to you!

One HB member here posted recently that he was told by Clive Coffee that they were in negotiations to become the US distributor for Nurri machines. So it is possible that nurri may not have gotten back to you yet as he had not concluded those arrangements.
No hints of Nurri on the Clive Coffee website. Antonio may be busy but I would note that ACS responds promptly to queries and always follow up. I'm not going to beg someone to sell me an espresso machine.

Moderator note: Moved from Talk me out of a Bosco Sorrento
Duct tape can't fix stupid but it can muffle the sound.

philosli

#2: Post by philosli »

I inquired about Nurri and ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva around the same time. ACS replied within a day, It took Antonio more than a week. Guess which company got my business?

Antonio did say Clive Coffee will be the US distributor, and CC'ed someone from Clive Coffee in his reply. Well, no one from Clive Coffee followed up with me, either.

I respect all of them, but prefer to the companies who are more than happy to sell me something without me begging or having to jump through hoops.

In that note, I'm tempted by Kafatek grinders but don't like the getting-in-line buying game.

(Rant. I'm of the opinion that in this globalized, post-industrial world and in a country as rich as the US (or other rich countries), a customer with money shouldn't be the one begging to spend her money. If not, something is not right: either it is irrational herd mentality or market manipulation, or a combination of both.)
LMWDP #741

Primacog

#3: Post by Primacog »

CaptPat wrote:No hints of Nurri on the Clive Coffee website. Antonio may be busy but I would note that ACS responds promptly to queries and always follow up. I'm not going to beg someone to sell me an espresso machine.
Fair enough. I would point out that everybody - and i do mean everybody - misses a message now and then though, so maybe yours just happens to be one of those that fell through the cracks. For example when I was looking to replace my izzo, I did send a message to acs about their vesuvius evo but never got a reply.
LMWDP #729

RyanP

#4: Post by RyanP »

CaptPat wrote:No hints of Nurri on the Clive Coffee website. Antonio may be busy but I would note that ACS responds promptly to queries and always follow up. I'm not going to beg someone to sell me an espresso machine.
I had the same experience with Antonio when I tried to buy his machine. After several email exchanges he just disappeared and I had a similar thought that it is weird that I can't get this guy to sell me a machine. I took it as a red flag and went elsewhere.

Primacog

#5: Post by Primacog »

philosli wrote:I inquired about Nurri and ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva around the same time. ACS replied within a day, It took Antonio more than a week. Guess which company got my business?
If acs happens to reply to you faster than nurri and that is what and all it took to make you feel better about their machine to buy it instead, then that's what works for you and thats great. You ended up with a machine you evidently like using and so it's all good.

But I certainly don't think its fair for you to be casting aspersions on nurri as if they were expecting you to be 'begging' to buy a nurri machine just because they didnt get back to you within 24 hours or even within a few days.

Not everybody has the staffing and the organisation to reply to all inquiries instantly - especially a small company that is manufacturing their first espresso machine for the first time where all the staff are wearing multiple hats as opposed to a more established set up like acs that has been making different kinds of industrial kitchen equipment for years.

It was not even as if your email was never replied to. Nurri did in fact get back to you to tell u the latest info. Whether it was on clive coffee's website it beside the point since it is fresh off the mint. There was another hb member who posted a couple of months ago that he did contact Clive Coffee and he was told by them they were in talks or something like that (im ref to memory here). You chose not to follow up on that with Clive when Clive didnt send you an email, and you are entitled to choose not to do so. But I don't understand why you are holding all that against nurri as if they were arrogant wanting you to jump through hoops to deserve their machine or something - which appears to be your insinuation?
LMWDP #729

Primacog

#6: Post by Primacog »

RyanP wrote:I had the same experience with Antonio when I tried to buy his machine. After several email exchanges he just disappeared and I had a similar thought that it is weird that I can't get this guy to sell me a machine. I took it as a red flag and went elsewhere.
There are heaps of people who found it easy to get nurri to sell them a machine, yours truly included.

When I contacted Antonio nurri about his machines for the first time, he got back to me quite quickly to tell me that he was in fact in negotiations with a local company to be their local dealer for my country. Within a fairly short time, he informed me that the deal was done and I got in touch with that company (the news wouldn't appear on their website for months) and they got my order processed and everything went well and I got my nurri L-type SA a few months later - and I am very happy indeed with it.

As I said in my earlier post, nurri is a pretty small company with few staff making their first espresso machine model which is a big undertaking for them and I am sure Antonio is wearing many hats. So if he doesn't reply to some emails as fast as some other (much older established) manufacturers or missed some other emails, then their current circs should be taken into account. If that is not good enough for your expectations, then fair enough but I am sure they are trying to improve in that area of replying to inquiries better.
LMWDP #729

RyanP

#7: Post by RyanP »

Primacog wrote:There are heaps of people who found it easy to get nurri to sell them a machine, yours truly included.

When I contacted Antonio nurri about his machines for the first time, he got back to me quite quickly to tell me that he was in fact in negotiations with a local company to be their local dealer for my country. Within a fairly short time, he informed me that the deal was done and I got in touch with that company (the news wouldn't appear on their website for months) and they got my order processed and everything went well and I got my nurri L-type SA a few months later - and I am very happy indeed with it

As I said in my earlier post, nurri is a pretty small company with few staff making their first espresso machine model which is a big undertaking for them and I am sure Antonio is wearing many hats. So if he doesn't reply to some emails as fast as some other (much older established) manufacturers or missed some other emails, then their current circs should be taken into account. If that is not good enough for your expectations, then fair enough and I am sure they are trying to improve in that area of replying to inquiries better.
It doesn't matter to me if there are heaps of people that purchased their machine. All that matters is that I tried and couldn't, and it turns out I'm not the only one.

Also, I know you love your machine and that is great. But, you are on every thread that even mentions a lever praising and/or defending the Nurri. You're even responding to every individual post in this thread about the Nurri. It's a lot.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by JohnB. »

Why don't you guys start your own Nurri thread??
LMWDP 267

Primacog

#9: Post by Primacog »

RyanP wrote:It doesn't matter to me if there are heaps of people that purchased their machine. All that matters is that I tried and couldn't, and it turns out I'm not the only one.

Also, I know you love your machine and that is great. But, you are on every thread that even mentions a lever praising and/or defending the Nurri. You're even responding to every individual post in this thread about the Nurri. It's a lot.
I am not discounting nor denying your experience Ryan. But I am asserting mine and others as well to point out there's another side to the story too. Its also funny that its usually only vesuvius evo owners who ever bother to make negative posts about the nurri...

I do what I do because I really do like my machine - a lot...
LMWDP #729

Primacog

#10: Post by Primacog »

JohnB. wrote:Why don't you guys start your own Nurri thread??
Sorry John. I only posted the above to reply to those posts posted by several acs vesuvius evo owners. I will stop here.
LMWDP #729