Newbie Diving Right Into Deep End!!!

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Dhitter

#1: Post by Dhitter »

Hello - The accumulation of knowledge within this site is beyond amazing. More than anything, this post communicates my gratitude for all past contributors. Your insights were invaluable.

I'm a thirty something from Denver area. I've always had an appreciation for food, beverage and processes. Be it brewing beer, international cooking, baking, you name it. My hobby is collecting hobbies and figuring out how stuff works.

I've always loved coffee but stepped up my game the last year or so. I love the variety, sophistication and GOD I love the gadgets! After tremendous research here, WLL, Clive, Chris and SCG, I went with WLL, ECM Synchronika with flow control, BWT filtration to plumb directly, and Ceado E37S grinder. Currently have a Sette 270 WI, Moccamaster, Bodum Columbia French press, and cold brew setup.

All the new gear should arrive in a week or so. So stoked. Can't wait to dive in head first. I'll be sure to keep coming back to the wise guidance contained within these forums. Thanks again and wish me luck!
Not knowing how is a fascinating invitation to learn...to grow!

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nunas »

Nice choices. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new set-up. If you have the time, try your Sette with the Synchronika and compare it to the Cedo. I'm constantly tempted to upgrade from my 7-270Wi to something more robust. But I absolutely love the workflow with the weighted grind into the PF. Also, I can't imagine a grinder making better espresso. Since your Cedo is a quantum leap in build and cost, it would be an interesting comparison.

Dhitter (original poster)

#3: Post by Dhitter (original poster) »

I'll definitely let you know what I think. Honestly, I was going to wait on the grinder but the folks at WLL are so damn nice, I went through with it. I'm a fairly new Sette owner and I must say I do love the incorporated weigh feature. Plus, I upgraded from a Capresso grinder so I'm just in heaven in general with the Sette.
Not knowing how is a fascinating invitation to learn...to grow!