Most coffee/espresso you have consumed in a day?

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
def

#1: Post by def »

What is the most coffee or double shots of espresso you have consumed in a day? For a long time, six double shots of espresso was my record, but I recently went to Seattle to tour as many cafes as I could in one day. I had between 12 and 15. I did the same in NYC about a month later. At home, I routinely drink 4 double shots (18-20g) before heading off to work.

stherric

#2: Post by stherric »

If I drank that much coffee, no doubt I would have a stroke. Or at least a panic attack.

SiempreTuParceroMike

#3: Post by SiempreTuParceroMike »

My norm is 2 doubles a day, but I often - despite suffering from occasional anxiety - drink an additional double or a single. There are days I feel more chill overall and I end up drinking 7-8 shots.

Sometimes I wish the caffeine wore off in an hour; I'd drink about 7-8 *doubles* a day :)

ScottL

#4: Post by ScottL »

The most I can recall in recent memory is 3 doubles over the course of morning. That's overkill for me, though. 1 or occasionally 2 doubles is enough.

What can I say? I'm a cheap date.

SiempreTuParceroMike

#5: Post by SiempreTuParceroMike replying to ScottL »

Hehe :) Well, I have found I can increase my "endurance" if I have shots of *other* liquids in between the doubles. But this is a tactic mostly reserved for Friday and Saturday nights. :P

slipchuck

#6: Post by slipchuck »

I vibrate after 4 doubles..usually do two and sometimes a large drip from the local coffee shop

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

DaveB

#7: Post by DaveB »

Yesterday morning I had 3 doubles of a somewhat high-octane coffee (Malabar Gold) followed by 2 more doubles during the afternoon. No jitters to speak of. I usually average 3 or 4 doubles a day, and 6 or 7 Is probably the most.

For me, caffeine is a wonderful thing.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

DeGaulle

#8: Post by DeGaulle »

My average is 3-4 doubles a day. I may have drank 6 doubles in a day on one or two occasions.

Besides the taste, it is the whole ritual of grinding, flushing, prepping, locking in, brewing and watching the pour that I like. Don't ask me why, it is intriguing (I am not sure that I would think of it that way if I were working in a café pulling hundreds of shots each day). :D
Bert

jbviau
Supporter ★

#9: Post by jbviau »

Times when I've entered the jitter zone have usually involved cold brew that someone wanted me to try on top of whatever espresso drinks I'd ordered. That stuff will sneak up on you in a hot climate if you're drinking it too fast!
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

spromance

#10: Post by spromance »

DeGaulle wrote:Besides the taste, it is the whole ritual of grinding, flushing, prepping, locking in, brewing and watching the pour that I like. Don't ask me why, it is intriguing (I am not sure that I would think of it that way if I were working in a café pulling hundreds of shots each day).
Totally agree! You should try roasting, haha. I have enough coffee in the cabinet for the next two weeks, but I still just want to roast another few batches today because I love the process!

For me, 2-3 doubles is standard, 4 usually gets into jitter territory. I can't imagine a coffee crawl of 12-15!! :shock: