Most coffee/espresso you have consumed in a day? - Page 3

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
karamba

#21: Post by karamba »

Why do you ask ? Sometimes I get bored when working and get a cup of double espresso every hour or so just to have an excuse to wander away from the desk. Has zero effect on the overall feeling ( but also it does not help me wake up in the mornings too )

IamOiman
Team HB

#22: Post by IamOiman »

I'll throw my story in.

Since I live in Naples area, my family often has friends that visit and want to check out the old city. What I often do during their stay is what I call bar-hopping, where I take them downtown and we frequent as many coffee bars as they can take to try out the different espressos and drinks (including but not limited to: Brasiliana, Nocciola, Shakerato, Mokaccino, Caffe del Nonno, Cappuccino, Machiato, etc). The number of times for someone completing every single bar I have tried and recommended is only one, and that was at least 12 shots worth of caffeine by that point. Cost is not too bad and I believe we spent around 30 euro for all drinks consumed that day!

If you are interested I can throw in my map of my favorite bars!

Edit: I decided to add a link anyways https://goo.gl/maps/EbfrTERmLBu
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

RyanJE

#23: Post by RyanJE »

Yesterday at Sightglass coffee I accidentally had 3 double espressos and a 10oz filter in 30 minutes... :shock:

I don't think that was a good idea because now today my one double and filter just didn't fill me up.....
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

Sideshow

#24: Post by Sideshow »

Funny topic.

My normal is around 3-4 a day, but I only drink on the weekends. I keep it that way because (1) I don't often have time during the week between my job and 18 month old; and (2) I like to ensure that I don't get addicted to caffeine.

My limit in a day is 9, and I was pretty wired. I normally don't drink espresso after 3 pm (I start around 8 am or so), but even on that day I still couldn't fall asleep until like 2-3 am. Seven is my max for feeling normal, anything more than that and I start to feel not myself.

*All shots referenced are double espressos pulled on the tighter side of normale.

Zaneemomo
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by Zaneemomo »

Quite some time ago, in my early twenties, I once had 32 shots in a sitting at a coffeehouse in Portland. I did not sleep well that night...