Most coffee/espresso you have consumed in a day? - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
TomC
Team HB

#11: Post by TomC »

Hopefully OldNuc will chime in. I recall epic amounts of coffee consumption mentioned by him back in the review days of the CFS (Coffee Freshness System) that will humble any regular man.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Almico

#12: Post by Almico »

DeGaulle wrote:Besides the taste, it is the whole ritual of grinding, flushing, prepping, locking in, brewing and watching the pour that I like. Don't ask me why, it is intriguing (I am not sure that I would think of it that way if I were working in a café pulling hundreds of shots each day). :D
Yep. I drink 1/3 the amount of coffee I used to since I opened my coffee bar. Most of my caffeine consumption is tasting this or that.

This morning I had a wonderful double and don't feel the urge for another. Too much of a good thing is not good.

Marcelnl

#13: Post by Marcelnl »

I read it the way that you drink 1/3rd of all coffee your Caffe serves :lol:

My intake hovers around the 5-6 doubles a day to keep the doctor away
LMWDP #483

SiempreTuParceroMike

#14: Post by SiempreTuParceroMike »

DaveB wrote:Yesterday morning I had 3 doubles of a somewhat high-octane coffee (Malabar Gold) followed by 2 more doubles during the afternoon. No jitters to speak of. I usually average 3 or 4 doubles a day, and 6 or 7 Is probably the most.

For me, caffeine is a wonderful thing.
I had a roommate in college who consistently feel asleep after drinking coffee. He also reported no jitters. I think it's safe to say we all react differently to caffeine/certain drugs.

SiempreTuParceroMike

#15: Post by SiempreTuParceroMike »

DeGaulle wrote: Besides the taste, it is the whole ritual of grinding, flushing, prepping, locking in, brewing and watching the pour that I like. Don't ask me why, it is intriguing (I am not sure that I would think of it that way if I were working in a café pulling hundreds of shots each day). :D
YES. +1000 points.

Davidm

#16: Post by Davidm »

I have always said that caffeine doesn't keep my awake. That is because I mainly drank drip coffee.

A few months ago, I came home (7:00 pm) and my new DE1 was waiting on the doorstep. I pulled and tasted shots till about 11:00. Probably 3/4 lb of coffee. I literally could not sleep (less than an hour all night).

I now limit my evening espressos to 3...

chipman

#17: Post by chipman »

I'm pretty sure the total amount of caffeine in a cup of drip is more than a shot of espresso.

Davidm

#18: Post by Davidm »

It is, but I am not physically able to drink 15 cups of coffee in a three hour timeframe...

yakster
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by yakster »

Can't put a number on it but there's been some days on Coffee Safari or at cupping events where I became nauseous with all the caffeine. Here's a good related thread:

Ever suffered from caffeine withdrawal?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

isleofman

#20: Post by isleofman »

More than two makes feel like I might die - so strange, because two is completely fine.

Such a shame, I would love to get more practice. It's going to take a lifetime to get 10,000 hours :o