Japan gear coffee request - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
happycat (original poster)

#11: Post by happycat (original poster) »

yakster wrote:I'm going to ask my daughter to bring back some coffee jelly when she goes later this year. I haven't tried it.
My wife has made this... just make coffee and add it to the gelatin powder. Is there something in particular you wanted brought back?
LMWDP #603

#12: Post by happycat (original poster) »

tamadrummer wrote:hiroia is in taiwan if you wanted to check their gear. i have the jimmy scale and it's wonderful.
Thanks! She'll probably be trapped in the airport but maybe there's something there too. Do you have a link or name so I can see more about it?
LMWDP #603

#13: Post by happycat (original poster) »

I was poking around and found these unique items

A lacquered wood dripper-- very Japanese and supposedly not damaged by hot water
https://kurasu.kyoto/products/yasukiyo- ... pper-brown

Sandstone ceramic dripper
https://kurasu.kyoto/products/kalita-sa ... ic-dripper
LMWDP #603

yakster
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by yakster »

happycat wrote:My wife has made this... just make coffee and add it to the gelatin powder. Is there something in particular you wanted brought back?
Naw, just giving her an idea of some affordable to bring back. She brought me a couple of Cuban's from Prague. :D
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

tamadrummer

#15: Post by tamadrummer »

happycat wrote:Thanks! She'll probably be trapped in the airport but maybe there's something there too. Do you have a link or name so I can see more about it?
Hiroia Jimmy Scale

i would think this would be available in japan. they just have hiroia's hq over there.
i linked my post whether anyone had any dealings with it but i'm very happy with the scale. awesome for pour overs as within the app, you can design a brew formula with flow rate and output.