I am done - Page 4

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Lockman (original poster)

#31: Post by Lockman (original poster) »

Dang, I am up to 3 doubles a day now. Thanks Doc! No heart stuff at all and I am kicking butt and taking numbers in COD5 :twisted: I gave up alcohol and smoking instead. :wink:
triptogenetica wrote:Great news!

I'm a medical student. I know that if I have too much coffee in a short space of time, I get jittery. Not quite palpitations, but everything but.

However, I like espresso.

So, the solution is not to cut out the coffee altogether, but to keep it sensible. Luckily for me, I can handle 3 doubles in a day, so it's not a problem unless i get excessive. After about 16.00, i move to decaf.

Oddly enough, when i say "i like espresso", i get all the usual, "ooooh, caffeine fiend! Bet you only like it cos you're addicted!" stuff from people. These same people are often medical students, who think nothing of the caffeine content of tea, and abuse instant coffee for the caffeine. (well, I assume so - I can't see any other reason to drink it :evil: ).
LMWDP #226.

"It takes many victims to make a culinary masterpiece"

Vad

#32: Post by Vad »

Well, I have only one coffee in the morning (latte, because I am learning to froth milk) and occasionaly one coffee after I am back from work (latte, because I am still learning to froth milk). I would say in a week I drink about 10 cups. No problem yet :)

triptogenetica

#33: Post by triptogenetica »

Lockman wrote:I gave up alcohol and smoking instead. :wink:
Well done! These two, especially the smoking, are rather more significant (IMHO) than the coffee. Unless, of course, you take coffee to the extreme!