Hurricane Irma - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Boldjava

#11: Post by Boldjava »

[creative nickname] wrote:Just the essentials:
Blessing on this child and her walk with you two.

DB
-----
LMWDP #339

[creative nickname]

#12: Post by [creative nickname] »

Thanks Dave! We are just overjoyed to have her in our lives.
LMWDP #435

Headala (original poster)

#13: Post by Headala (original poster) »

[creative nickname] wrote:Just the essentials:

<image>
Oh my the sweet peacefulness of a sleeping baby! Blessings to you and your family.

I roasted 3 batches with a neighbor today while we looked out the garage at the wind and rain. Quite nice, all things considered.

Javier

#14: Post by Javier »

We left Naples on Friday night, and currently hunkered down in Columbia, South Carolina. Have not been able to check the coffee scene here yet.
LMWDP #115

gimpy

#15: Post by gimpy »

Glad you got out in time, Javier. She's wonderful, Mark. :D

Javier

#16: Post by Javier »

[creative nickname] wrote:Thanks Dave! We are just overjoyed to have her in our lives.
Congratulations Mark!!
LMWDP #115

Intrepid510

#17: Post by Intrepid510 »

Javier wrote:We left Naples on Friday night, and currently hunkered down in Columbia, South Carolina. Have not been able to check the coffee scene here yet.
If it doesn't all flood down here in Charleston and you want to drive a few more hours a couple of good shops here. ;)

Above all else glad you are safe, looks like it will be a while longer to let it all pass up here.

missy

#18: Post by missy »

We got lucky here in Tampa. We had some high winds, but the storm surge was less than expected since the storm turned inland.

Hoping folks north of us are staying safe.
Current obsessions: Sette Compact/reliable dual boiler for small galley kitchen

Headala (original poster)

#19: Post by Headala (original poster) »

We are fine. We have power and water. Rain water came into master bedroom, bathroom, and closet. I was up all night vacuuming up water and holding the baby. Have roof damage as well...you can see daylight in one place :shock:

Have a contractor coming out to give an estimate tomorrow. Maybe I can get him to run a 220v 20A line to my kitchen for my Linea while they fix everything else! :mrgreen:

[creative nickname]

#20: Post by [creative nickname] »

Yikes! I'm glad to hear that you and your family are ok, but so sorry to hear about all the damage. Must be quite stressful especially with a baby in the house!

We are still safely hunkered down in Alabama waiting for word that our power is restored. No major damage reported by our pet sitter, so we got off very lightly indeed.
LMWDP #435