How to tell which espresso machine someone owns...

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
dsblv

#1: Post by dsblv »

I've found it's become easy to tell which machine someone owns by the comments they make. I thought I'd offer up my observations:

E61 HX owner: "Look at that chrome! Now, if I could just figure out that flushing thing..."

Breville Double Boiler owner: "Each of the four machines I've owned worked great for a year. Great warranty service!"

La Marzocco owner: "The machine was a perfect match for our kitchen remodel. We've heard it makes great espresso."

Monolith grinder owner (to-be): "This thing is machined to the precision of the space shuttle, at a fraction of the cost. Now, if I could just figure out how to buy one..."

Decent Espresso owner: "Wanna see the graph of my last shot? The profile looks just like a lever machine!"

Lever owner: "Yeah, the machine is 50 years old but it'll look as good as new after the rebuild. Espresso tastes great, though."
★★★ Very Helpful

bettysnephew

#2: Post by bettysnephew »

^^^^^^^^ :D
Suffering from EAS (Espresso Acquisition Syndrome)
LMWDP #586

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#3: Post by pizzaman383 »

Awesome!!

How about la pavoni and cremina owners?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

ojt

#4: Post by ojt replying to pizzaman383 »

"Why does the second shot pull so much slower?"
Osku

IamOiman
Team HB

#5: Post by IamOiman »

dsblv wrote: Lever owner: "Yeah, the machine is 50 years old but it'll look as good as new after the rebuild. Espresso tastes great, though."
I feel attacked but dead accurate.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

dsblv (original poster)

#6: Post by dsblv (original poster) »

Actually, that was my homage to lever owners. The latest innovations In espresso machines seem to try to duplicate what a lever machine accomplishes through its innate design. I'm beginning to think that the levers got it right from the start.

markmark1

#7: Post by markmark1 »

That's why I like "The Slayer was invented to mimic the pressure profile of a lever machine."

MB

#8: Post by MB »

I was like, yeah, yeah, yeah, until I hit the DE. Good thing I didn't have a sip of anything in my mouth at the time.
LMWDP #472

guijan12

#9: Post by guijan12 »

LOL :D
Regards,

Guido

RobAnybody

#10: Post by RobAnybody »

dsblv wrote:Breville Double Boiler owner: "Each of the four machines I've owned worked great for a year. Great warranty service!"
I already had the feeling these machines break down fast based on the number of posts regarding Breville issues, apparently I wasn't wrong :lol:

I may have to do a bit of a rebuild on my lever machine in the future. (But indeed the espresso tastes great!l)
Cheers!
Rob
LMWDP #647