How to tell which espresso machine someone owns... - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
DeGaulle

#11: Post by DeGaulle »

dsblv wrote: Decent Espresso owner: "Wanna see the graph of my last shot? The profile looks just like a lever machine!"
Answer from a basic semi-auto owner:
"How do you know it looks "just like a lever machine"? Did you actually hook up a pressure sensor and a data logger onto one and measure it?"
Bert

johnX

#12: Post by johnX »

Spot on.
This thread gave me a Great chuckle this morning!

Randy G.

#13: Post by Randy G. »

DeGaulle wrote:Answer from a basic semi-auto owner:
"How do you know it looks "just like a lever machine"? Did you actually hook up a pressure sensor and a data logger onto one and measure it?"
You don't need a data logger. It graphs itself. It's a lonely life, but it does keep itself happy.
Espresso! My Espresso! - http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
LMWDP #644

pcrussell50

#14: Post by pcrussell50 »

RobAnybody wrote:I already had the feeling these machines break down fast based on the number of posts regarding Breville issues, apparently I wasn't wrong :lol:
Rob
Interesting. Are you talking about here at HB?

Because when I go through the first five pages in the "repairs" thread, there is only one BDB topic, and that was from a guy who simply replaced a $0.10 o-ring and is back in business. (Which IME is very typical of the BDB). I won't call out any other brands but lets just say that there are several that make significantly more prominent appearances in the "repairs" thread, AND for significantly more severe problems than the BDB ever has. Most BDB things are never more than seriously easy DIY. That Breville offers a good warranty and offers to replace machines even over simple DIY'able repairs is between them and their customer.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

Plinyyounger
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by Plinyyounger »

Off to the races, lol.