How much have you spent on espresso equipment? - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.

How much have you spent on espresso equipment?

Greater than $3000
31%
$2500 - $3000
14%
$2000 - $2499
12%
$1500 - $1999
14%
$1000 - $1499
14%
$500 - $999
10%
Less than $500
4%
Other (explain)
1%

Total votes: 137

Gatewood

#11: Post by Gatewood »

I think I'm $1500 and rising. But I forgot about the roasters and related stuff. Nobody questions me because I am mean. And old. And mean old ladies don't get asked personal questions about their coffee habits. :wink:
Gatewood

LMWDP #58

mtnwoman

#12: Post by mtnwoman »

Since I just bought it all, this is an easy question...put me in the $2K-$2.5K range.

Aida Batlle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Batlle
papalatte

#13: Post by papalatte »

I don't even justify my expenditure to my self. I've been fascinated with coffee a long time ...... I'm now roasting for other people....... I love this stuff........ I don't know where it will end.........

Skip

Psyd
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by Psyd »

HB wrote:How about what you paid for your current setup, not including prior purchases. if you kept all your prior upgrades for old time's sake, they would count towards your total.

(It's pretty safe to say that if you're in that situation, you're in the $3000+ crowd.)
Ehm, higher....higher....higher... yep. The Astoria 'Big Gulp' lists just under $8K, the two Mazzer Majors at $1200 each, the Rocky at $300, Silvia at $500, three steamtoys (one for a spare, one for the travel kit, one for the GF's house) at $80, plus about a grand in parts, pieces and accessories (see the 'Ummagumma'esque' Astoria layout). Do the roadcases for the travelling kit count? Call the two that I'll use for the Silvia and the Rocky (plus the briefcase for the PF's and shakiers and pitchers etc.) an even $500. Eleven thousand one hundred and twenty dollars? Sumpin like that. Anyone want a slightly used two group Astoria in great condition? With a buncha espresso manufacturing tools thrown in? ; >
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

Gatewood

#15: Post by Gatewood »

Psyd wrote:Ehm, higher....higher....higher... yep. The Astoria 'Big Gulp' lists just under $8K, the two Mazzer Majors at $1200 each, the Rocky at $300, Silvia at $500, three steamtoys (one for a spare, one for the travel kit, one for the GF's house) at $80, plus about a grand in parts, pieces and accessories (see the 'Ummagumma'esque' Astoria layout). Do the roadcases for the travelling kit count? Call the two that I'll use for the Silvia and the Rocky (plus the briefcase for the PF's and shakiers and pitchers etc.) an even $500. Eleven thousand one hundred and twenty dollars? Sumpin like that. Anyone want a slightly used two group Astoria in great condition? With a buncha espresso manufacturing tools thrown in? ; >

Holy Moly! I'm afraid I'm looking at my future! :? :wink:
Gatewood

LMWDP #58

k7qz

#16: Post by k7qz »

Be thankful for small favors- Dan could have put a greater than $5,000 dollars catagory in his poll. At least with the $3,000 limit we don't have to look like such addicts... :lol:

cannonfodder
Team HB

#17: Post by cannonfodder »

Hmm. I know the question is current setup, but just to reminess over the past 1.5 years...
Ebay special toy $80
KitchenAid Pro $700
Isomac Melinium $900
Gaggia Factory lever $500
Faema 2 group (free, thanks Barry) $400 for frame up rebuild. New cost, say $3500
Grinders
Kitchenaid A9 $70
Gaggia MDF (free won it on Coffee Geek) new $200
Mazzer Mini P $450
Cimbali JR (thank you HB birthday special!) $395

Assorted mods, cups, essential accessories, HotTop Roaster, Illy cups etc $800

My current outfit. At home, Gaggia Factory lever, Faema 2 group, Cimbali Jr and Kitchenaid A9 grinder. Say $1500, value well over 3K

At work, Isomac and Mazzer $1400

So i would say I qualify for the 5K+ club
Dave Stephens

BPlus: turning your coffee spirit
Sponsored by BPlus
Psyd
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by Psyd »

Gatewood wrote:Holy Moly! I'm afraid I'm looking at my future! :? :wink:
I've had my fun with the Astoria. If you're ready to move up into the two-group, five figure loft, let me know and I'll get me a single group home machine. She's a blast, but I want my kitchen back!
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

HB (original poster)
Admin

#19: Post by HB (original poster) »

The homepage has a running poll where anyone can vote (no need to register though it doesn't allow more than one vote every 24 hours to deter "stuffing the ballot box"). Over the last couple weeks it has had the same poll question as in this thread, but with strongly contrasting results:

Dan Kehn

bobroseman

#20: Post by bobroseman »

HB wrote:The homepage has a running poll where anyone can vote (no need to register though it doesn't allow more than one vote every 24 hours to deter "stuffing the ballot box"). Over the last couple weeks it has had the same poll question as in this thread, but with strongly contrasting results:

Here is a case where taking the average would be misleading.

bob
Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation. ~Author Unknown