How Much Effort and Money Does Home Espresso Take? - Page 6

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
michael

#51: Post by michael »

Primacog wrote:I think I just reached the limits of the faffing I am willing to got hru to make espresso with the frozen whiskey ball hack. I think that hack does work by the way at least for me, but mainly due to it cooling down the espresso as the taste buds taste better at a lower temp.
The frozen whiskey ball is a total hit 8)

Fitz454

#52: Post by Fitz454 »

bullet08 wrote:Any average intelligent individual can learn to make drinkable espresso in an hour or less. Simple idea as ratio, input/output dose, and what tastes like bad espresso can be explained and understood. With help of a scale, and a stop watch, the initial idea of what to look for and how to meet them isn't hard.
Could you explain this to my wife? Because I've figured out espresso equipment is a lot cheaper than a divorce. :lol:

And I'll steal part of a quote from my Dad about cribbage:
My wife told me espresso isn't a matter of life and death. I replied "I agree, it's far more important than that."

Clodius

#53: Post by Clodius »

I already had a hobby, photography. I thought that was expensive until I got into home espresso making. "Luckily" I'm still in the accessories frenzy wich with the help of AliExpress are pretty cheap. Every time I say I'm done something new comes up and I drop another £5 - £10.