How many coffees a day do you drink? - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.

How many coffees do you consume on an average day?

10%
29%
32%
15%
5%
6 or more
8%

Total votes: 184

HB
Admin

#11: Post by HB »

bach wrote:So I'm curious to hear how many coffees you all consume on an average day? It's one of those interesting things with this hobby - there's a physical limit to how many coffees I can drink before feeling awful :(
To get a better idea of the average, I've added a poll to this thread. My average is 3 during the week and maybe 1-2 more on the weekends.
Dan Kehn

bach

#12: Post by bach » replying to HB »

Oh perfect, thank you! Now it's science.

DaveB

#13: Post by DaveB »

HB wrote:To get a better idea of the average, I've added a poll to this thread..

Does a double shot count as one coffee or two? 8)
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

samuellaw178
Team HB

#14: Post by samuellaw178 »

^ I have the same question. :D

On average 2 single shots per day here, but not uncommon to go up to 4 shots or more when experimenting. Used to have the same number of shots (2-4), but as doubles (18 g dose) which now felt like a lot of coffee...

Regarding the caffeine limit, I find that the more you drink, the greater your tolerance will be... But just be prepared for the consequences on days when you don't/can't drink as much. :shock:

bach

#15: Post by bach »

samuellaw178 wrote:Regarding the caffeine limit, I find that the more you drink, the greater your tolerance will be... But just be prepared for the consequences on days when you don't/can't drink as much. :shock:
I find for me, the limit isn't even so much about caffeine, but my stomach just can't handle more or I start feeling all sorts of queasy. Not sure if it's the acid in the coffee or what.

LBIespresso

#16: Post by LBIespresso »

I start the day with a double, before I make my americano, which I wash down with another double. I usually have 1 or 2 more shots late afternoon depending on what I have planned for the evening. So 4 or 5 each day.
LMWDP #580

Jake_G
Team HB

#17: Post by Jake_G »

My first double is a cappa or flat white, then I pull a straight shot before headed to work. I'll have another coffee (drip, usually garbage) at work.

Cheers!

cheers!

- Jake

guydebord
Supporter

#18: Post by guydebord »

If Im calm 3 on average, double espressos sometimes my last is a Pour-Over or French Press. One in the morning, another one midday and another one around 4pm.
However, in heavy days like today I had 5...

7am - French Press
9am - double espresso
12pm - double espresso
3pm - Pour-Over
5:30pm - Pour-Over

needless to say, its 11pm and Im very awake but luckily can fall asleep ok.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Codyjphoto

#19: Post by Codyjphoto »

I tend to have 3 Lattes before I leave the house. Mingled in amongst breakfast and getting dressed ofcourse. In the afternoon I may have one simply because I want to play with the grinder or machine itself. Especially if I get a new tool to use!
Once more into the fray

cltlarry

#20: Post by cltlarry »

I have my R58 on a timer to come on in the morning about an hour before I get up and stays on until I leave for work around lunch time. I usually have 2 or 3 double or triple shot Americano's with honey and half & half.

After lunch time it's sweet tea with lemon, which is necessary if I want to maintain contact with my southern roots! 8)