Happy Thankgiving 2019!

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
mdmvrockford

#1: Post by mdmvrockford »

Similar to prior threads such as Celebrating Thanksgiving 2017.

Happy Thanksgiving 2019 to H-B fellow members and readers! Thank you for continue providing reference level knowledge base for exceptional espresso and coffee. And equally important thank you for allowing me to meet in person fellow enthusiasts at the get togethers. My family is about to host the annual Thanksgiving get together so I have a few minutes prior to guest arrival to compose this message of gratitude.

A little reflection from novice experience/random musing (after I made cappuccinos for my household members):
* at the end of the day it is the coffee and experience that matters; early on in this hobby (obsession per family :wink: ) I focused too much on equipment.
* above being said, 10-12 consecutive cappuccinos x2 (upon guest arrival then again before they leave) make this the only time of year where I long for a heat exchanger or dual boiler pump machine or commercial level machine. Luckily the guests know quality takes time on consumer SBDU (steamer)and manual lever machines.
LMWDP #568

IamOiman
Team HB

#2: Post by IamOiman »

mdmvrockford wrote: * above being said, 10-12 consecutive cappuccinos x2 (upon guest arrival then again before they leave) make this the only time of year where I long for a heat exchanger or dual boiler pump machine or commercial level machine. Luckily the guests know quality takes time of consumer machines.
A happy Thanksgiving to you too! I really hope to have my Gaggia Tell running the next year for this exact scenario and leave all guests OD'ing on caffeine! This year however it is just my family, so two people who drink coffee and my Elektra will suffice.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

mdmvrockford (original poster)

#3: Post by mdmvrockford (original poster) replying to IamOiman »

Thank you IamOiman and I hope your Thanksgiving Day so far is peaceful and enjoyable.

I have been reading your thread (in total awe and respect to you and others who can restore machines) about the Gaggia two group. 2 Group Gaggia Tell Restoration And we well know, single boiler dual use (SBDU) and small boiler machines are not made for make multiple espresso drinks in a row with commercial speed.

I have brief respite from barista duties (and I prepared two dishes) and then likely back for barista round 2.
LMWDP #568