Free Coffee at 7-Eleven

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
iploya

#1: Post by iploya »

...with a catch.

jbviau
Supporter ★

#2: Post by jbviau »

So basically it's always free then?! <lol> I wonder what they mean by "fresh"--maybe brewed within an hour or two?
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3: Post by baldheadracing »

We're so confident in our coffee that if it doesn't taste fresh, it's FREE*.

*Valid thru 2/22/2022 at participating U.S. stores. Refund must be at store of purchase. Coffee purchase plus tax where applicable. Available while supplies last.
- https://www.7-eleven.com/coffee/our-story

Available while supplies last? :P
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

iploya (original poster)

#4: Post by iploya (original poster) »

It's the ultimate catch-22!

I admittedly have no experience with 7-Eleven coffee -- maybe they do a good job for convenience store coffee. But if it's not fresh, I'm not walking out of the store with it. I'd rather go down the street and pay for fresh coffee.

K7

#5: Post by K7 »

No experience with 7-11 but I was pleasantly surprised by McDonald's $1 coffee two out of three times I tried recently. Balanced roasty flavor but not bitter...quite enjoyable. Better than average Starbucks batch brew and Americano I would say.

Problem I have with all of them (even 3rd wave fancy cafes) is they typically serve too hot to drink right away.

DamianWarS

#6: Post by DamianWarS »

jbviau wrote:So basically it's always free then?! <lol> I wonder what they mean by "fresh"--maybe brewed within an hour or two?
Do they give you a free "fresh" one or you just get the not fresh coffee in your hand for free?