A dual-boiler espresso machine model made with LEGO bricks - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
ScottL

#11: Post by ScottL »

As someone who loved playing with Legos as a kid, this is one of the coolest things I've seen all day. Outstanding work! Thank you for sharing.

dmw010

#12: Post by dmw010 »

This is incredibly awesome and would never have occurred to me to attempt! I recently rekindled my love affair with LEGO (after a break of almost 40 years) by building the Apollo Saturn V rocket with 1969 pieces - very satisfying.

Advertisement
MNate

#13: Post by MNate »

Awesome. Much better than mine (I think mine was probably the thread you found). My 7 year old very much likes your design too. Nice.

guijan12

#14: Post by guijan12 »

Beautiful machine!
That was a massive amount of time you put ino it.
Can I have an espressso please? :lol:
Regards,

Guido

forbeskm

#15: Post by forbeskm »

Fantastic! Love it! You should sell plans or a kit!

MB

#16: Post by MB »

Yes, but how does the espresso taste?

My wife is a Bricklinkaholic, so I am familiar with the little familiar sounding packages that arrive in the mail when she is building the next Eiffel Tower or Taj Mahal project. But damn, this is whole next level. Awesome job!
LMWDP #472

joey22

#17: Post by joey22 »

This is super cool! Thanks for sharing and nice work on the internals!

Advertisement
dominik (original poster)

#18: Post by dominik (original poster) »

Thank you for all the nice feedback <3
voozy wrote:Regarding the cup, maybe you could use an ochoko (small Japanese sake cup)?
Oh yes, I have to have a look at it. But also have to try out a less conservative design for a LEGO cup (after hearing that a square-shaped cup would be lovely).
dmw010 wrote:This is incredibly awesome and would never have occurred to me to attempt! I recently rekindled my love affair with LEGO (after a break of almost 40 years) by building the Apollo Saturn V rocket with 1969 pieces - very satisfying.
I totally get it! Saturn V is on my birthday wishlist and I can't wait to build it and play with it. Judging by reviews, it's one of the best sets ever made by LEGO (also considering the price per piece).
MNate wrote:Awesome. Much better than mine (I think mine was probably the thread you found). My 7 year old very much likes your design too. Nice.
So glad you both liked it :) Cannot underestimate the cuteness of micro-scale models though. My next LEGO build is going to be a nano-scale city skyline.
forbeskm wrote:Fantastic! Love it! You should sell plans or a kit!
That's the plan! I'm currently working on the instruction set (it gets pretty tricky in a couple of places). I'd like to release it to Rebrickable once ready.
MB wrote:My wife is a Bricklinkaholic, so I am familiar with the little familiar sounding packages that arrive in the mail when she is building the next Eiffel Tower or Taj Mahal project. But damn, this is whole next level. Awesome job!
Thank you! I can totally relate to this, a tolerant spouse is a real gem :)

DaveC

#19: Post by DaveC »

Loved it, especially the detail....a unique creation. :)

SlackBagCoffee

#20: Post by SlackBagCoffee »

amazing work! I love Lego and I am so impressed.