Decent Espresso Tamper V2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Iowa_Boy

#1: Post by Iowa_Boy »

Received my Decent espresso tamper version 2 yesterday (version 2 has the leveling plate in addition to calibrated tamping).
I am really pleased! It is effortless to use, looks extremely well made, and is attractive as well! Definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a calibrated leveling tamper. Also bought the Decent funnel, baskets, and tamper stand but haven't had a chance to try any of those out yet.
Starting out with the accessories, and working my way up to DE machine. :D

Fluffeepuff

#2: Post by Fluffeepuff replying to Iowa_Boy »

Any chance you could post some pictures and videos of the v2 in action? Did you purchase the grooved base (better fit with baskets) or the standard base?

NoStream

#3: Post by NoStream »

Iowa_Boy wrote:Received my Decent espresso tamper version 2 yesterday (version 2 has the leveling plate in addition to calibrated tamping).
I am really pleased! It is effortless to use, looks extremely well made, and is attractive as well! Definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a calibrated leveling tamper. Also bought the Decent funnel, baskets, and tamper stand but haven't had a chance to try any of those out yet.
Starting out with the accessories, and working my way up to DE machine. :D
Is this the one on the site? It doesn't seem to be clearly marked.

Downunder55

#4: Post by Downunder55 »

Fluffeepuff wrote:Any chance you could post some pictures and videos of the v2 in action? Did you purchase the grooved base (better fit with baskets) or the standard base?
Pretty sure the V2 only comes with the standard base

Fluffeepuff

#5: Post by Fluffeepuff »

Downunder55 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti ... oBC8NFhLQU

Pretty sure the V2 only comes with the standard base
I saw this video when John updated his FB group at v2 launch. I was hoping someone had some additional pictures and a close-up of the leveling mechanism vs tamper base.

Downunder55

#6: Post by Downunder55 replying to Fluffeepuff »

I am away at the moment, but if no one has posted the info in a couple of weeks I will when I get home.

Iowa_Boy (original poster)

#7: Post by Iowa_Boy (original poster) »

I am away till Tuesday but will post photos when I get back.

oButto

#8: Post by oButto »

Price is very competitive. Damn I would buy this if I hadn't just purchased a Cafelat one. Anybody know the size of the tamper?

Prescott CR

#9: Post by Prescott CR »

Size as in base diameter? IIRC it's a little looser than the V1, which was pretty tight in the decent baskets. It's still snug, sadly I don't have the dimension in front of me.

The V1 was tight enough that it would be hard to pull out if you got some coffee between the wall of the basket & base (a good reason to spin the tamp at the end of the press, makes that easier).

One thing that caught my attention is- John did something to really minimize any tilt of the base to the leveling part of the tamp. I'm interested in seeing how this works IRL.
-Richard

BaristaBob

#10: Post by BaristaBob »

Email from John last week said the v2 base diameter has measured from 58.42mm to 58.47mm with an intended mean diameter of 58.45mm.

I think that's a righteous size for VST baskets!
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"