The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 339

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Capuchin Monk

#3381: Post by Capuchin Monk »

jpender wrote:The Torrefacto method. Very interesting. Probably an acquired taste.
Sure enough, it says, "the process was also used to hide negative aroma and taste characteristics of the coffee." :(

Jake_G
Team HB

#3382: Post by Jake_G »

TomC wrote:the guy in the video will be lucky to live past 65 without advanced, chronic and irreversible lung disease. all for sh** coffee brittle
Awe, common Tom.

He was wearing a mask!
:roll:

Seriously. I was thinking the same thing. On top of the horror of everything else going on, so sad to see someone put themselves in harm's way to make a living. But in many corners of the globe, it is better to die before 65 from the hazards of your work and feed your family than die much younger because your parents didn't have a way to care for you at all.

This world has a long way to go yet. :|
LMWDP #704

BaristaBoy E61

#3383: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

I don't think I would try more than a ½ a teaspoon just to say I've tried it. :mrgreen:

Looks like Malaysian 'Cowboy Coffee' to me. :roll:
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Jake_G
Team HB

#3384: Post by Jake_G »

The filter does look surprisingly like a sock...
LMWDP #704

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3385: Post by yakster »

Electric kettle with a DJ turntable user interface.

https://lafeeca.com/products/the-dj-pour-over-kettle
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

JordanK
Supporter ♡

#3386: Post by JordanK »

All right, you're scratching it right now
Cuttin' the record back and forth against the needle
Back and forth, back and forth, makin' it scratch
But let me tell you something
Don't try it at home with your dad's stereo
Only under hip-hop supervision, all right?
8)

Capuchin Monk

#3387: Post by Capuchin Monk »

It's not as crazy as some of the things seen on this thread before but here goes.
Recently, I visited a friend's office which is a rent-a-space for those who work independently but don't want to work at home so there are office suites which rent out cubicle or enclosed room to individuals. It's a nice setup they have there until I came across this...

One thing is clear, "light" roast is more popular than "dark" roast even though they both look like poured from a same bag. :?

kye

#3388: Post by kye »

Capuchin Monk wrote:One thing is clear, "light" roast is more popular than "dark" roast even though they both look like poured from a same bag. :?
Maybe the folks keeping the machine topped up know that the light roast crowd value freshness, so are putting less beans in the hopper so they're more fresh!
Of course, because they didn't put light roasted beans in the light roast hopper that means we are limited to only providing a few points for effort.

jkoll42

#3389: Post by jkoll42 »

Capuchin Monk wrote:It's not as crazy as some of the things seen on this thread before but here goes.
Recently, I visited a friend's office which is a rent-a-space for those who work independently but don't want to work at home so there are office suites which rent out cubicle or enclosed room to individuals. It's a nice setup they have there until I came across this...

One thing is clear, "light" roast is more popular than "dark" roast even though they both look like poured from a same bag. :?
You forgot the other two options.... people emptied the 'dark' and it was just refilled, or since it's the same coffee they refilled the dark first and ran out of coffee before filling the light side the whole way

Capuchin Monk

#3390: Post by Capuchin Monk replying to jkoll42 »

Hmm..., I'll have to ask my friend about that. Anyway, the crux of that image is "different" coffee beans. I've been gotten by a coffee retailer recently when they put same roast in both medium and dark roast packages. :x