The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 330

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Pressino
Supporter ♡

#3291: Post by Pressino »

Shakespeare wrote:The most outstanding automatic pour-over coffee machine... maybe just perfect for your coffee shop.
Start video at 7 minute mark.

video
Here's what this kind of "automated" stuff will lead to, sooner or later:
That's at least one reason why I don't feel an overwhelming urge to go out and buy highly computer controlled espresso machines, roasters, or even grinders. :)

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3292: Post by yakster »

Date seed coffee... not in my grinder! Anyone have a good roast profile for this?

https://www.alphafoodie.com/date-seed-c ... ternative/
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Randy G.

#3293: Post by Randy G. »

EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

SutterMill

#3294: Post by SutterMill »

exidrion wrote:video

Hoon seems like a nice guy but I cannot believe this short has 4.7 MILLION views, showcasing how to use thousands of dollars worth of equipment and superfluous steps to make....what I'm positive was an awful tasting shot :( .

Craziest s#$% I've seen all week.
Could be what your seeing is "The Al-Gore-Rhythm ". Youtube has been promoting short vids. Of his six shorts with over 1million views, 3 have the word "ridiculous", two have the words "Shot collar" and the last one is "Coffee workflow".
By comparison Hoons most popular full length video (5:58min) has 604k views in three years. Thats the craziest s^#t I've seen today.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3295: Post by baldheadracing »

C1 Espresso, in Christchurch, New Zealand, has a set of pneumatic tubes.
No, the espresso isn't sent through tubes. 3:48 long
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3296: Post by baldheadracing »

From the New York Times:
Want That Coffee With Olive Oil? Starbucks Thinks Italians Will.
The company has amassed an audience in Italy, and now it is betting on two very Italian ingredients.

...On Wednesday, the company bet on Italy once more with a combination of two ingredients at the heart of this country's food pyramid: coffee and olive oil.

The new beverages, branded Oleato, debuted this week at an invitation-only dinner (co-hosted with the National Chamber of Italian Fashion) at the Starbucks Reserve Roastery in Milan on Tuesday, the first day of Fashion Week. Lizzo performed. Vogue's top editor in America, Anna Wintour, attended.

On Wednesday, Oleato, which can mean oiled, oleate or greaseproof in Italian (and which is now trademarked by Starbucks), was introduced to the masses at the company's flagship Italian venue in downtown Milan. Five olive oil-infused beverages were on the menu, including the golden foam espresso martini, which concluded the dinner.

In an online introduction, Howard Schultz, the founder of Starbucks, promoted the new coffee line as a "transformational idea" - his own - which came to him while he was traveling through Italy last summer. He called it, glowingly, "a unique alchemy of two of nature's most transcendent ingredients." ...
Full article in the New York Times - link is long because I'm "gifting" you this article for the next two weeks so you can read it without being a subscriber: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/22/worl ... =url-share

bettysnephew

#3297: Post by bettysnephew »

Michael Strahan tasted the Oleato this morning on GMA. I have a hunch that it is not going to be very popular stateside from the expression on his face after taking a sip. :P
Suffering from EAS (Espresso Acquisition Syndrome)
LMWDP #586

jbviau
Supporter ★

#3298: Post by jbviau »

Here we have 3 instant Yemen sachets + a rocks glass for $65: https://bluebottlecoffee.com/us/eng/pro ... ping-glass
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3299: Post by yakster »

Moka Pot Cooking

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3300: Post by baldheadracing »

That looks pretty tasty.