The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 323

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
bonjing

#3221: Post by bonjing »

baldheadracing wrote:- story continues at https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... f-espresso
Sadly we have people that call the police for missing mcnuggets or Popeyes running out of chicken.

But hard to beat the random drug dealer calling the police because he was robbed of his drugs.

Capuchin Monk

#3222: Post by Capuchin Monk »

It says, "It was this error that landed the bar, which is celebrated for its coffee-making and has won winning several competitions, in trouble." It could be a competitor trying to smear the bar's reputation.

keno

#3223: Post by keno »

Florence bar fined €1,000 after police called over 'expensive' coffee

I visited this cafe when I was in Florence a few years back and it easily had the best coffee of my trip. Italians are accustomed to paying €1 for coffee, so a customer was aggrieved at having to pay €2, which is quite reasonable by specialty standards given the quality. But the cafe fell afoul of a new Italian law requiring that the price be posted. Pretty hefty fine. :cry:

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3224: Post by yakster »

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3225: Post by yakster »

https://dailycoffeenews.com/2022/05/23/ ... sso-craft/

Idroprep tamper with a gel pad to apply pressure evenly across the coffee puck.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3226: Post by yakster »

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Marcelnl
Supporter ♡

#3227: Post by Marcelnl »

that is SICK, as if folks are unable to swirl a cup
LMWDP #483

luvmy40

#3228: Post by luvmy40 »

Hey, a great gimmick is a great gimmick!

luvmy40

#3229: Post by luvmy40 »

I mean, really, Starbucks made espresso a household word in North America with, quite possibly the worst product ever produced. WTH, Give them this one.

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#3230: Post by RapidCoffee »

yakster wrote:Idroprep tamper with a gel pad to apply pressure evenly across the coffee puck.
This is actually an interesting idea. Not sure it belongs in the craziest %#*$ing thread!
John