The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 317

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#3161: Post by rhtrevino »

Onyx announced a super exclusive program called Echelon. I'm ashamed to say I'm tempted.

https://onyxcoffeelab.com/products/echelon

jbviau
Supporter ★

#3162: Post by jbviau »

^^^ Absolutely not. There's very little info. on what coffees you're signing up to experience, and I don't need any of the gear that one is forced to buy alongside the coffees. Onyx has officially jumped the shark, right?
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Artisan Plus: complete coffee greens inventory management service
Sponsored by Artisan Plus
Randy G.

#3163: Post by Randy G. »

Stop reading when I saw three paragraphs of all center-justified text.
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
*20th Anniversary 2000-2020*

NicoNYC

#3164: Post by NicoNYC »

So they've got maybe $1200 of gear, between the Vario, kettle, mug, Hario stuff, etc., which leaves $1650 for coffee, or about $130 for each 10 oz monthly delivery! Obviously the appeal of this program is supposed to be the cachet (ie. the skull-monogrammed swag), but $130 a month can buy a lot of exceptionally good coffee.

Marcelnl
Supporter ♡

#3165: Post by Marcelnl » replying to NicoNYC »

True, yet at the same time...there is plenty of folks shelling out that sort of money for Nespresso...which is not exceptionally good, but convenient....
(I was one of them until I saw the rabbit hole of DIY espresso), for that group this may be low threshold at no or little additional expense)...as crazy as it seems to me now it may just work!
LMWDP #483

learncoffee

#3166: Post by learncoffee »

NicoNYC wrote:...but $130 a month can buy a lot of exceptionally good coffee.
That is true. However, are you ONE of only 50 in the US and probably the world, too, that are privileged to have their coffee? Imagine the followers you will get on social media. :)

rhtrevino
Supporter ♡

#3167: Post by rhtrevino »

rhtrevino wrote:Onyx announced a super exclusive program called Echelon. I'm ashamed to say I'm tempted.

https://onyxcoffeelab.com/products/echelon
Too much free time over the holiday got to me. :roll: I signed up!

BPlus: turning your coffee spirit
Sponsored by BPlus
yakster
Supporter ♡

#3168: Post by yakster »

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3169: Post by yakster »

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3170: Post by yakster »

It'd be interesting to see one of these small pellet mills show up at a co-roasting facility.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272