The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 292

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
weebit_nutty

#2911: Post by weebit_nutty »

Is it too early for April Fools?

Can't say none of us have ever tried this, if by accident lol

https://www.smh.com.au/national/interna ... 1579722268
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

weebit_nutty

#2912: Post by weebit_nutty »

Chert wrote: Do better induction plates have a safety feature to prevent heating metal to over 900 deg F?
Here in VN Induction is all the rage. Ever home I've been in seems to have one, including all the apartments I've rented. And they all work the same. They can detect not only the temp but the quantity of material in the pan or pot. Not sure how it works but my stove's induction cools won't engage unless i have food in the pan or water in my PO kettle.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

IamOiman
Team HB

#2913: Post by IamOiman »

I would say there is some method to that 6 bar claim. I doubt my Elektra MCAL can do even 8 bar but it produces very good shots. Spring levers do that spring profile rather than being a constant 9 bar on pump machines, with a peak bar followed by a decline at the end of the shot.

Mixing a sour shot with a bitter shot mentioned at the end? Oh where can this go wrong :shock:
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

keno

#2914: Post by keno »

belegnole

#2915: Post by belegnole »

keno wrote:SNL
lol

Reasons why I make coffee at home.
LMWDP #641

Randy G.

#2916: Post by Randy G. »

belegnole wrote:lol
Reasons why I make coffee at home.
The funny thing is that, in too many cases, it isn't funny... I have relatives who will not eat with us (or at any restaurant we frequent) and have openly said, "... I'm not eating any of that tufo *1 stuff."

1 - We are vegetarians and enjoy a lot of tofu products.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

belegnole

#2917: Post by belegnole replying to Randy G. »

Wow, that's just.....

I was a vegetarian until my body decided otherwise. I've also run into too much of the type of thinking you've had to deal with.
LMWDP #641

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2918: Post by JohnB. »

Randy G. wrote:The funny thing is that, in too many cases, it isn't funny... I have relatives who will not eat with us (or at any restaurant we frequent) and have openly said, "... I'm not eating any of that tufo *1 stuff."

1 - We are vegetarians and enjoy a lot of tofu products.
I think you could easily find a lot of people who have no interest in paying restaurant prices to eat tofu. I would certainly be in that group.
LMWDP 267

Randy G.

#2919: Post by Randy G. replying to JohnB. »

Was with the same relatives and just a block away there is a marvelous Thai restaurant close by run by a Thai family (the husband is an engineer and machinist and we have had a number of very interesting talks). Their food is wonderful and the menu has a wide variety of choices, vegetarian and not. I invited them (husband and wife) to lunch there. They just looked at each other with sidesway glances and rolled their eyes. This is not their only problem with being extremely judgemental and I have as little to do with them as possible now.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Marcelnl

#2920: Post by Marcelnl »

i'm not a vegetarian but have no problem paying restaurant prices for veggie dishes as long as they outgrow the usual, grill it and throw some mint over it style. Indian cuisine has extraordinary dishes that make you forget about meat, same goes for Chinese cuisine, and nowadays more and more modern high end restaurants do veggies in ways you could not dream up ten years ago (think Moma etc).

being judgemental usually says more about the person judging than those judged...
LMWDP #483