The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day... - Page 288

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
cunim

#2871: Post by cunim »

My god, this makes flatulism look easy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane

weebit_nutty

#2872: Post by weebit_nutty »

uniquely inspirational.. one day I too will have a Wikipedia entry for a stupid human trick.

So far I can rotate my feet 180 degrees upward so that my toes touch my shin, spin books on both my index fingers at the same time and I can write fluidly in any direction including transposed backwards and upside down simultaneously.

But of course that pales in comparison to inhaling air into my sphincter and farting on command.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

ira
Team HB

#2873: Post by ira »

So we occasionally see the I want a 20 amp machine but only have a 15 amp outlet question and the normal suggestion is buy a 15 amp machine or hire an electrician, but in my travels through Amazon looking for sinks and water filters today, I came across what some might consider a perfect solution:

https://www.amazon.com/PluGrand-1-Foot- ... B07PZYP32N

Once you find that, you'll also discover there are lots of other version of the same or equally insane adapters for all sort of interesting adaptations.

And the part that really got me, many of them claim approvals from safety monitoring agencies.

And for those who don't understand why this is funny, "DO NOT EVER TRY TO USE ONE OF THESE!"

Ira

Randy G.

#2874: Post by Randy G. »

ira wrote: And the part that really got me, many of them claim approvals from safety monitoring agencies.
And for those who don't understand why this is funny, "DO NOT EVER TRY TO USE ONE OF THESE!"
The really funny part is that the 20 amp socket is marked "125V 15A."
I guess lawyers have to make a living as well.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

DaveB

#2875: Post by DaveB »

Got one of these to run a 20 amp freezer off a generator during the recent three day power shutoff in Northern California.

Also had a blast making pre-dawn lattes with my Flair / Bellman setup in the kitchen lit with Luci "candle" lights. 8)
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

ira
Team HB

#2876: Post by ira »

So last night we're watching "God Friended Me" and in a scene in a coffee shop there is suddenly a clear view of a Faema E61. interestingly I knew it was an E61 but couldn't remember the rest till this post this morning:

Refurbish Faema E61

Where a picture of the same machine shows up in a thread. I'm used to seeing Espresso machines in the background, but rarely iconic ones. Wonder where that machine is, looks ripe for restoration.

Ira

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2877: Post by yakster »

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Chert

#2878: Post by Chert »

yakster wrote:watch?

There is another and entertaining perspective on the stuff:
LMWDP #198

guijan12

#2879: Post by guijan12 »

ira wrote:So we occasionally see the I want a 20 amp machine but only have a 15 amp outlet question and the normal suggestion is buy a 15 amp machine or hire an electrician, but in my travels through Amazon looking for sinks and water filters today, I came across what some might consider a perfect solution:

https://www.amazon.com/PluGrand-1-Foot- ... B07PZYP32N

Once you find that, you'll also discover there are lots of other version of the same or equally insane adapters for all sort of interesting adaptations.

And the part that really got me, many of them claim approvals from safety monitoring agencies.

Ira

I fail to see the difference between the 15A plug and the 20A adapter.
The wall outlet is the same build up as the 20A adapter.
It seems an extension cord only, unless there is some power/current convertor including fuse inserted in it.....?
Regards,

Guido

ira
Team HB

#2880: Post by ira »

If you are not used to our plugs you might miss the difference. 2 parallel pins are for 15 amps, 2 pins at right angles are for 20 amps. The end that plugs in is a 15 amp plug, the end that is a socket allows for a 15 or 20 amp plug.

Ira