Contacting Orphan Espresso - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
bialettibarista

#11: Post by bialettibarista »

EspressYO_ wrote:Does anyone know what's going on with Orphan Espresso? I've tried contacting them through four different platforms with no response. I thought I saw someone post that they were out of the country for a while or something? I'm wanting to see if they plan on selling any more Pharos 2.0?
I tried contacting them many times over the course of several months and several different email addresses. Never heard anything. As far as the Pharos I read on another forum that they are no longer producing them.

jbviau
Supporter ★

#12: Post by jbviau »

bialettibarista wrote:As far as the Pharos I read on another forum that they are no longer producing them.
Not sure that's correct. Another member here was told that the Pharos 2.0 would be available again over the summer (source).
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

bialettibarista

#13: Post by bialettibarista replying to jbviau »

On a german forum someone posted an email from Barb stating as for the moment they won't be producing more but didn't say they ruled it out forever.
https://www.kaffee-netz.de/attachments/ ... ng.109184/
Not sure how they managed to get an email from them but it seems legit.

jbviau
Supporter ★

#14: Post by jbviau »

^^^ Good to know (thanks).
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

nameisjoey

#15: Post by nameisjoey »

jbviau wrote:Not sure that's correct. Another member here was told that the Pharos 2.0 would be available again over the summer (source).
Yes that's me - I received an email from Barb.

Honestly, every time I have emailed them I get a response. No idea why others have issues? Are they using the right email?
bdgarrott@gmail.com

Will Tamper

#16: Post by Will Tamper »

I just came across this thread. I'll just add I've had the same issue that people have had here. I purchased some items back in April or May and they were very quick to get my order out and charge my card. No issues there, that's completely normal. When I realized I might have an issue with one part I tried contacting them through the channel that they tell use to use on their web page. I never received a response to multiple tries over the course of weeks. In a discussion on another non-coffee forum, in a coffee specfic thread, I mentioned the non-response from OE and got responses from others with similar experiences.

They appear to make good stuff but since support is so low on the priority list for them (which is clear by all the responses here and else where) I'll just move on to other companies that take that aspect of their business more seriously.

YMMV,

WT