CoffeeToolsCA Etsy Rotating Distribution Tool - Page 12

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Capuchin Monk (original poster)

#111: Post by Capuchin Monk (original poster) »

GregoryJ wrote:This one looks like it just spins the needles in circles, right?
Yes, it spins similar to BH Autocomb.

#112: Post by Capuchin Monk (original poster) »

Lower price available on Aliexpress :arrow: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568062 ... pt=glo2usa

PPapa

#113: Post by PPapa »

That's worth a try at such price (sixth or so of BH AutoComb) - shame it's sold out. Will need to try and find one on AliExpress.

I have checked with Lastaforest and they said it doesn't come with replacement needles and I'm not sure they're user replaceable.

#114: Post by Capuchin Monk (original poster) »

PPapa wrote:shame it's sold out.
Already? Oh well, I'm one of the culprits. I'll post my review as soon as it arrives.

bmac.to

#115: Post by bmac.to »

I have been using the CoffeeToolsCA v4.0 tool since Christmas. I am using the needle layout from the video (not the etsy picture). Maybe 7 or 8 rotations.
All in all, it is a pretty good tool - it feels solid and smooth, plus, it hasnt been difficult to use. I thought lining up the needles to get them into the basket would be difficult but it is not.
The main reason I bought it was to improve consistency when other family members make espresso - for that, it has been very good. Much easier to teach than a manual WDT approach, especially since these other family members do not practice daily.
However, for myself, I generally get a bit more consistency when using my old, manual WDT approach. I find it a bit faster as well. Not a huge difference, but enough that I generally reach for the manual tool.

#116: Post by Capuchin Monk (original poster) »

#117: Post by Capuchin Monk (original poster) »

Mine arrived (faster than usual :) ).
Unboxing pics.

#118: Post by Capuchin Monk (original poster) »

So far so good.
Comparison of planetary spin vs comb spin.

I like the flat top of comb spin type. The dune at the edge created by planetary spin type happens even with the expensive rake WDT so it's not the price issue.
I also like the speed of operation with comb spin type. :)

PPapa

#119: Post by PPapa »

Looks solidly built, thanks. Does it come with spare needles or can you replace them at all?

#120: Post by Capuchin Monk (original poster) »

No spare needles and I haven't looked into replacement method yet. My guess is that it would require a pair of pliers to do it. :? I haven't damaged the needles of my older planetary spin WDT tool so far (knock on wood). I shall see...